Itchy rash on hands, what to do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megdav87

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Over the last 6 weeks I have developed a bumpy, itchy rash on my hands and inbetween my fingers. I'm pretty positive it's from doing nails which was confirmed to me yesterday when my hands got covered in acetone whilst cleaning nail polish bottles and they flared up really bad.
I don't know what to do I've been slathering e45 on and Iv worn doubled up latex gloves but they don't seem to improve. I tried some steroid cream and it made them sore.
Can any one recommend some good gloves which aren't latex.
I'm sure it's through over exposure as Iv been so busy as iv never had it before...do strange! It's so horrible it's keeping me awake at night and I'm worried it won't go away!
Any advice gratefully received!

Get yourself to the doctors hun. Take some antihistamine and you can get lots of latex free gloves. Try Powder free nitrile gloves xxx

Hi geeks,
Over the last 6 weeks I have developed a bumpy, itchy rash on my hands and inbetween my fingers. I'm pretty positive it's from doing nails which was confirmed to me yesterday when my hands got covered in acetone whilst cleaning nail polish bottles and they flared up really bad.
I don't know what to do I've been slathering e45 on and Iv worn doubled up latex gloves but they don't seem to improve. I tried some steroid cream and it made them sore.
Can any one recommend some good gloves which aren't latex.
I'm sure it's through over exposure as Iv been so busy as iv never had it before...do strange! It's so horrible it's keeping me awake at night and I'm worried it won't go away!
Any advice gratefully received!
Once you react to a chemical/or chemicals in the way you have, then you always will react to them and possibly more severely as time goes on.

Nitrile gloves can be purchased through Sweet Squared ... MANY people are actually allergic to the LATEX itself.

First you must determine what it is you are allergic to, and then keep away from that substance.

Acetone will not have helped the rash on your skin and probably made it worse, but Acetone is not likely to be what caused the rash in the first place. Acetone is a pretty safe chemical to work with, particularly in the professional formulations we use, but like anything else, you should still respect it and limit your contact with it whenever you can.

It is a costly mistake to be letting chemicals whose exposure to your skin should be very limited, come into contact with it on a regular basis.

This is sadly all still too common and 'should not' ever happen to any nail tech if they understand the irritation properties and potential for allergies when working with enhancement products...

Take a read of the link below. We ALL should KNOW this as basic information...

science topic: allergies

This is what worked for me......Dermol Cream use as a soap substitute to wash your hands......Dipro base Cream, apply as a cream........using both has made a huge difference on my hands :hug:

Thankyou all for your advice!

I suppose I took it for granted that I'd be ok, and being so busy over Xmas has resulted in over exposure and an allergic reaction :-(

I'll be super careful, get myself some non latex gloves as those probably aren't helping and go to the doc and get the creams mentioned.

Thankyou!

Latest posts

Back