Jessica GELeration big problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tracey daly

Reaction score
hey everyone,iv just registerd on this site and it looks great!!! please could i have ur advice?? i have just invested into jessica geleration system i have not done the course yet in this as i didnt think i would need to!! i have followed the step by step instructions but the gel is not curing at all :cry: i thought it might be my ezflow lamp so i changed the bulbs just to be sure i practiced the french at that was ok...but the colours are not curing PLEASE HELP!!!!:cry: xx

Have you checked with Jessica as to what lamp is needed.

The answer will more than likely be that you're not using the lamp designed to be used with the product - everyone I know who uses GELeration with the Jessica lamp has had no problems with curing.

I have been using the Geleration Gels for a few months now and I use them with the Jessica UV lamp but I think you can use it with other lamps, the only thing I can think is that you are not doing your timings right.
They reccomend 1 min for the base coat and 2 mins for each coloured coat and 2 mins for the top coat.
The colours may appear abit tacky after each time in the lamp but after your cure the top coat wipe each nail with the clairfyer and it should take off the stickyness and leave them nice and shiny and dry!
Hope this helps and doesnt confuse you!
:)

what a plonker am i? it was my lamp, i bought a new one and all working nicely now and very impressed with the system -lovin it.

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted - GELeration has really taken off for me and has brought in lots of new clients! I love working with it and can't wait for the next 24 colours that come out the end of this year-ish!

Hi I suppose you bought an LED lamp. That is the best, a pleasure
LED lamps are a pleasure. Have you seen the Moonlight on Ebay (croissant shape)? it is fast and portable

I use an led lamp now but first started using a bio sculpture lamp. I think it is best to be using the lamp the Jessica does as you will know it will cure properly..
Make sure it has 4 bulbs Inside so you get the full cure..

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek ..... Oh yeah!! Lovin the app!!

Moonlight.....how much?? More details please!! Would love to check it out.

hey everyone,iv just registerd on this site and it looks great!!! please could i have ur advice?? i have just invested into jessica geleration system i have not done the course yet in this as i didnt think i would need to!! i have followed the step by step instructions but the gel is not curing at all :cry: i thought it might be my ezflow lamp so i changed the bulbs just to be sure i practiced the french at that was ok...but the colours are not curing PLEASE HELP!!!!:cry: xx

hey hun ive used jessica for a few moths now the product is fab have loads of clients. At first i had a cheap lamp and the gel wasnt curing now i use a creative lamp and its fab. if its not curing but the nails in again. Sometimes i find that it creases as well but once the finish gos on its fine. x

hey hun ive used jessica for a few moths now the product is fab have loads of clients. At first i had a cheap lamp and the gel wasnt curing now i use a creative lamp and its fab. if its not curing but the nails in again. Sometimes i find that it creases as well but once the finish gos on its fine. x

Lets hope she got her problem sorted by now, she posted in October 2010 :wink2:

I know this is an old thread and the original problem was solved with the correct lamp.

Howwever lucy0151 I just have to say that if the gel polish is creasing then you have applied it too thick and it has undercured, you need to remove and start again. If you carry on and put the topcoat on and cure it may look OK but it is still not fully cured and will likely peel from the nail.

i have been using Geleration for a year now and my clients and staff love it,find dark colours eg naughty need another min cure with top coat,we also use orly gelx and its excellent to makes french so easy.

hey everyone, like Tracey Dale, ive just invested into jessica geleration system i have not done the course yet in this as i didnt think i would need to!! i have got the start, colours and finish, and a UV Lamp, but its not curing. Can someone please advise why this may be? Is it because i need to prime my nails first or is this a lamp issue? :sad:

I think you answered your own question in the first sentence...

Have you completed any training in nails (inc. gel nails) previously?

hey everyone, like Tracey Dale, ive just invested into jessica geleration system i have not done the course yet in this as i didnt think i would need to!! i have got the start, colours and finish, and a UV Lamp, but its not curing. Can someone please advise why this may be? Is it because i need to prime my nails first or is this a lamp issue? :sad:

Did you purchase your kit through Gerrard International? As far as I am aware they are the only authorised uk supplier and your Jessica rep would have told you about training as part of setting up the account. The opening kit also comes with a table top card of the steps, along with the other required products (prep, finish, erase and clarify, as well as the buffer etc).

This thread was started in October 2010! The answer was clear...use the correct lamp.
The answer is still the same, and I se no need to keep resurrecting this thread so shall now be closing it as asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back