Just a step close to totally white hair, but...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitelady

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum, so please tell me if I am making some kind of error. Also sorry for any error with English because I am italian. I am not a professional, but since I am using professional products I thought I was allowed to make a question here (because I am going mad for this color).
I read sometime this forum and I thought it is great and really interesting.
I know this is a community for professionals but since I live in a small city in central Italy where we have 3 professional hairdressers I actually have asked to all 3 this white color and all of them refused to do it because my starting hair was so dark (virgin hair apart from the ends that I was ready to cut since I had 70+ cm of hair; now I had 12 cm of lenght cut away by one of the hairdressers that refused to bleach my hair and she was really surprised of how healthy my hair was) even if they were not damaged. I also wanted to use Olaplex but none of them ever heard of it. So I was forced doing them by myself (with help, I do not actually put the bleach on my head with my hands), the nearest salon where maybe someone would have made them is 70+ km away from me (and they still do not use olaplex).

I am naturally a level 3 (but the hair on the back of my head is even darker!) and I want my hair to be white, the purest white possible.
I was starting with an uneven base because I had the ends and some streaks lightened professionally, that were quite brassy but at a level 8. After having made them more or less even I am arrived to this color and since then i only have touched up my regrowth (I do not apply it by myself so no overlapping). I lift them to a bright orange yellow with Joico Créme Lightener and 30 volume with Olaplex (so it's like I am using 20 volume) and then lifted them again with Nirvel ARTX P-00 (white) with Olaplex and 5 minutes with blue and violet conditioner.
I have had a little reaction to a dye 10 years before (scalp was itching) that is another reason why the idea of making my hair white was refused by the salons.
I can totally recommend both Joico and Nirvel, I feel like having nothing at all on my head. No red skin, no itching, no nothing.
At this point they are nearly white but still not ice white! They have the slightest ash blonde color on the back and are white with the slightest lavender on the parts that were previously at level 8.
They are not damaged at all, and I have also made Aphogee reconstructive treatment, I continue using Olaplex 3 and I make every time I wash them moisturizing treatments. Is there something I can do to achieve an ice white color? Another time I used Redken shades eq in 9v and 9t plus clear
r2qmhf.jpg
[/IMG] but actually ended too ash blonde (still a great ash color but not what I wanted).
Thanks to you all.

r2qmhf.jpg

Oh sorry for having posted it in the wrong section!

We can't give technical advice to untrained clients as it's against site rules.

Olaplex can repair broken disulphides bonds but it can't repair damaged cuticle scales which is what you get with excessive bleaching. Even if you can find a hairdresser willing to assist, you'll need to be getting your roots done every two weeks or so, which will be an expensive and time consuming commitment.

Hello, maybe there is some kind of language barrier but I can't understand the correlation of your answer with my request?
It's me in the picture, I was asking for an idea about how to tone the ash blonde streaks I have in the back to make a more even result, not something about the hypotetical damage. My hair is not damaged at all now, luckily, and this is the proof that even such a dramatic color change can be done without excessive damage (obviously hair must be babied, I know, it's not like having virgin hair) using the right products.
I am not blaming the professionals that did not wanted to make the complete color change: this color is not something they are asked often here (people wants to COVER white hair, not to do white all the head).
And obviously I do not need to do my roots every 2 weeks! I made them the last time a week ago and you can barely see any regrowth! Lucky you if your hair grows so fast!
I do my roots every 6 weeks, they are usually 1,5 cm.

I just have to tone the blonder streaks in a more effective way.

Latest posts

Back