Kate Middleton named Beauty Icon 2011

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
In a week where we've been discussing the role of celebrities within our industry, Superdrug have announced the results of their Beauty Icon poll.

Unsurprisingly, the list is made up exclusively of various celebrities with Kate Middleton topping the charts pushing her sister, Pippa, into second place. The third spot goes to Cheryl Cole who has, incidentally, just this week announced that she is teaming up with L'Oreal to launch a lipstick - a limited edition colour called 'Red Passion'.

But this list got us thinking...who are the REAL beauty icons? Who is there in the industry that you really admire? Beauty journalists? Bloggers? Nail technicians? Hairdressers? Make up artists? Beauty therapists? You name it, we want to know. Let's start off the New Year by celebrating those people in our industry that we think deserve a mention...you know, for being a real beauty icon.

Oh, and if you're interested in the rest of the list, I've put it at the bottom of the post...just incase.

Until then...geek on.

The Ed.

Top 20 Beauty Icons of 2011
1. Kate Middleton
2. Pippa Middleton
3. Cheryl Cole
4. Rhianna
5. Holly Willoughby
6. Tulisa Contostavlos
7. Beyonce
8. Emma Watson
9. Katy Perry
10. Victoria Beckham
11. Kelly Rowland
12. Lady Gaga
13. Amy Childs
14. Katherine Jenkins
15. Nicole Scherzinger
16. Adele
17. Pixie Lott
18. Angelina Jolie
19. Keira Knightley
20. Scarlett Johannson

Attachments

• kate.jpg
    kate.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 677
I don't find kate that pretty myself. I'd rather go further down the list to gaga, she's pretty and got an a+++ heart, xoxo

I LOVE that Adele is in the top 20! She is beautiful inside and out.

I think Kate and Pippa have secured top slots for being beautifully dignified. They are graceful and gentle.

GaGa all the way for originality though

Defo swap angelina jolie for jennifor anniston... team jen all the way!!

As for kate i think thats great,id rather my daughter have her as a role model than say, katie price xx

Sent from my X10i

I thinnk Kate is beautiful but pippa i dont understand the hype about :/
angelina i dnt understand either.. i think its funny how people have different opinions :lol: .

Latest posts

Back