Kidney disease and gel enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shivy_

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a question for you ladies.

I've had a request from a potential client asking me for gel enhancements. My only concern is that she has told me that she has a kidney disease and this causes her nails to become brittle and snap.

I'd love to carry out the treatment, however I'm concerned that if she doesn't acquire a note from her GP giving me the okay to do the treatment, I would have to refuse.

Could I have your advise? It's my first time coming across someone with such a disease. She's told me she's had acrylics before, but I have no more information on that.

What would you do? Carry out the treatment, filling out the consultation card accordingly or insist on a doctor's note.

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't unless an ibx treatment followed with perhaps a shellac which is gentle. (Just asked my mate sitting next to me who is a doctor : she said it ok in general BUT every case is unique : so better get note first )

I wouldn't unless an ibx treatment followed with perhaps a shellac which is gentle. (Just asked my mate sitting next to me who is a doctor : she said it ok in general BUT every case is unique : so better get note first )

Okay, thank you. I really appreciate your answer!

Latest posts

Back