Know nothing about beauty but opening a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali22

Reaction score
To cut along story short, I have a long lease on a store which I am currently running my interiors store in. I am moving this to another location and thought about subletting but as the rent is very good, I have had the idea to turn into a salon.
I have no beauty experience, other than spending probably 10 hours a month in a salon having nails/hair/ brows etc done
However I do have expertise in running businesses and people and intend to work also in the salon as marketing/ receptionist / manager for at least 25 / 30 hours a week.

I am thinking about having two x self employed hairdressers, treatment rooms,nail bars, pedicure area and also cocktail / coffee bar with reception

I will no doubt be posting quite abit on here asking for all your help..
But firstly I am going to start converting the space (it’s huge)
Treatment rooms.. I was thinking one for Botox and the other for other treatments
I know it would’ve beneficial if both had sinks I think but in terms of keeping costs down
Do you need sinks?
There is a bathroom nearby
One I thought yes, put a sink in but the second one I was seeing if I didn’t need one

Every salon I have gone into to have nails/ brows / lashes haven’t had their own sink
Thank you in advance

Some treatments will need a sink in the room by law, a sink in a room will open it up to be more useful for a variety of uses. It could make or break the room. For what it costs - £50 and some plumbing it's a no brainier for me.

Latest posts

Back