Kooky nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, because it was on me and because I just ordered a sheet with some other supplies, all I used was my hairdryer. This is by no means ideal in the long run, so I'm not sure what road I will be going down in the future. To remove them I will heat again and remove from side wall to side wall. Finishing with lashings of Solar oil.

What did you use to apply kooky nails?

Euro products said you didn't need any heat, I ordered some and will test them out this weekend but wanted to know what everyone else was doing heat or no heat?

& how do you remove them?

I did not use any heat and I have applied on both fingers and toes, no problems as yet.

At Olympia the demostrators on the Kooky stand weren't using any heat to apply.

xx

I've had mine on my toes over a week now and still looking good.. I didnt use any heat either.. Just done it how I was shown at Olympia.
I love them to the point where I brought 24 packets of different designs at the weekend :)
Just need kooky clients now lol!

Thank you!

Well I got a wee break yesterday and applied them and they look gorgeous & straight away had a booking for them for next week!

What is your routine for applying them?

I'm not sure what to get to use re the heating process for removing them..... I get customers to relax up on the treatment couch while I'm doing any toe/feet treatments and not sure about balancing a lamp on it...

I have seen a mini hair dryer from trendy wraps... I know their have been loads of discussions about how this look but thinking if it works mght be a possibility?

I'd be worried about burning the tootsies! A relaxing foot soak in warm water would be a nice touch for removal, but not possible as having a bath does not affect the adhesion at all!

Yes you're right - thats what is making me be ultra cautious as I don't want to risk burning the client - that would be just awful!

How is everyone else removing kooky nails?

Well it seems the official instructions do not include the need for heat for application (just removal). Those of you who have tried the no heat official method, how have you got on since this thread went quiet?

I have now removed the wraps from my sister after 19 days and they came off really easily, we gently teasted them from the sidewalls and then from the eponychium up to the free edge.

I have now removed the wraps from my sister after 19 days and they came off really easily, we gently teasted them from the sidewalls and then from the eponychium up to the free edge.
You should be removing from side wall to side wall not from eponichium to free edge as this can remove layers of the nail with the wraps.

I have used Kooky a few times but I've always used heat to apply them - I have an infrared lamp for Minx so just use this in the same way I would apply Minx or any other wraps.

I found Kooky to last as well as Minx and remove as easily too. I don't stock them as their price is higher than I wish to pay but they are good quality.

You should be removing from side wall to side wall not from eponichium to free edge as this can remove layers of the nail with the wraps.

I have used Kooky a few times but I've always used heat to apply them - I have an infrared lamp for Minx so just use this in the same way I would apply Minx or any other wraps.

I found Kooky to last as well as Minx and remove as easily too. I don't stock them as their price is higher than I wish to pay but they are good quality.

I would also remove them the way you do. Reading on their website though, they do say from the eponichium to free edge. I might email them about this and ask them why they suggest this way when it puts the nail plate in a vulnerable position. It will be interesting to hear their theory.

I think it's great that it's said there is no heat needed to apply, especially for those of us that aren't set up with Minx for whatever reason. I really should remove mine on my feet now :o

I removed them the way I was taught, but to be honest it did not take any tugging to get the off they came away very easily.

Hi, just asking how long have ur kooky wraps been lasting on clients feet as I done a friend of mine and they have been on now 10 weeks!! And still looking good apart from growth and they need to come off now. Anyone else's lasting longer? Thx :)

I kept mine on way too long. It had to be around 9 weeks before I made myself remove them from my toes. They were perfect, but I obviously started to see regrowth and had no idea what my nails would be like underneath, with them being on this long. I never used any Solar oil and my nails are fine. I would next time though, to see the difference.

I feel bald now.

I love Kooky's :Love:

Kooky Wraps are just amazing! I have had mine on 5 weeks and look perfect. I swim frequently do walking and basically give them a good old bashing and they still there and perfect!

Starting to take off in the salon. I love the fact no heat required keeps it simple, how much is everyone charging?

I love the fact you don't need heat either. :biggrin:

I would price them the same as Minx. I have had both Minx and Kooky and find the quality the same, so wouldn't suggest to clients there is anything inferior about Kooky by pricing it cheaper.

I suppose it depends on if your clients are aware of nail wraps etc. One salon in my area has a standard price of £20, but does promotions of £15 for Kooky. I'm sure many salons have similar prices for Minx in my area too, but I've yet to research that.

Thanks Nicole! I'm charging £20 but I think thats a good price for the customer considering what I include to get them perfect and the time it takes.

Do you have a particular approach to placing the Wrap? I sometimes find I get a little crease in the centre at the free edge and then have to work it out so not sure if theres a trick to avoiding this?

Don't laugh, but I've done a lot of wallpapering in my time and learnt this skill from a very early age! I treat it the same as this, as in I pick my starting point and commit to that by placing it down at that point, but in the middle if that makes sense. I then make sure the middle of the nail plate and up to the free edge is down, before smoothing out to the sides. Or smoothing as I go and progress towards the free edge.

It's so quick, it's hard to explain. Next time I do one, I'll try and remember and then see if I can explain it any better! :biggrin:

Nicole... lol thats perfectly explained I get what you are saying there... good approach will try that next time... what are you top selling kooky designs?

I got a delivery of 20 new designs on Tuesday!!! ahh so exciting they are going fabulous look lovely

Latest posts

Back