l and p ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynda green

Reaction score
i know i am being a bit thick (have not gon on my corse yet !) but is there a diffrence betwen l and p and acrylic ?and also i have got a dvd from nsi and when thay did a refill on a prment french thay used a drill so that the tip (the white bit) could be re don - or can you do this by hand file ???
sorry i am eger to learn and i hope the moor i know befor i go on the coures the better ! (sorry about the spelling agane :o )

Hi

L&P is the correct term for acrylic - all extensions/enhancements are made of acrylic it's a generic name.

Yes you can do a backfill/rebalance with a hand file - no need to invest in a drill

There's a spell checker on here too if you want to use it - it's two buttons along from the 'submit reply' button :D - I use it all the time as my fingers don't type as fast as my brain and I end up spelling stuff wrong too.

HTH
Trin
xx

Hi Lynda,

Go and buy: The Complete Nail Technician (2nd Edition) by Marian Newman ('Mum' on this site), The Encyclopedia of Nails by Jacqui Jefford and Anne Swain and Nail Structure and Product Chemistry (2nd edition just out) by Doug Schoon. All three are excellent and will give you a great background before you do your course.

thank you ! but cant see the spell checker i only have 2 buttons 'submit reply and preview post !!!:irked:

I think only premmies have this function.

will get that book now wile hubby in bed ! he thinks i have spent too much all ready and i havent even started yet !!! thanks

bummer you will all have to put up with my spelling ! but no big discuchions on this one i konw i am crap and dont care !!!!

Like you, I can't see the spell checker either. Think you might need to be a premium geek to get this facility.

got a long way to go then !!!!!!!:suprised:

That's a pain - I thought everyone had it :cry:

lynda green said:
got a long way to go then !!!!!!!:suprised:

you can be a premium geek as soon as you like, and its sooo cheep 25 quid a year and it helps a little to keep this site running.

anyone can be a premium xxx my spellings ruddish to

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

My hubby sent me this the other day ;) I left my spell checker option out of it hahaha....

PS Lynda .. no body is worried about spelling on here, interesting and helpful posts and questions are the important bit. No question is going to make you look thick... we have all been new to this profession at some stage or another and you can bet your bottom dollar that what ever you are thinking, we have all thought the very same, but some of us would think it was too silly to ask.... 'everyone _must_ know that already' - not the case, lots of new people on here that don't and will be relieved that you asked. So ask away - it will help more than just yourself I am sure :)

thanks for your kind words ! and i lvoe the trhaed wtih the lteters lkie taht !!!! i understoud it !!!! just gos to show haaathanks agane :hug:

Latest posts

Back