L&P curing in the hot/humid weather

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I was at a client's last night and and I couldn't get my L&P to work, as I guess it was to hot, as soon as i picked up the bead it was curing and if I could get it to manover at all it was bearly possible, we opened more windows but I made little differing..

So I end up working so wet to try combat this but I am so worried, that this will encourage lifting.

Any pointers on how to work in these hot conditions we are having as us UK techs aren't acustomed to such lurvely weather?

You did the right thing. Work a tad wetter in the heat as any excess monomer evaporates very quickly and it should't harm the retention of your product. Techs have to work like this all the time in hotter countries.

Hmmm Im having this prob with my rebalance this afternoon. Went wetter, uh oh! went too wet... now I have bubbles in my pink! :sad:

I had the exact same problem when doing a set of L&P on that very hot Saturday. The first one looked so bad, but went wetter and thought that the girly would be on the phone saying that something had happened and could she came back. but all is well and she's still wearing her SMILE!!

I'm sure that they are fine!

It's awful when you have that dreaded fear of the nails disintegrating overnight. I have the same feelling when I ask clients to wash their hands after I have airbrushed their nails.

"It's awful when you have that dreaded fear of the nails disintegrating overnight. I have the same feelling when I ask clients to wash their hands after I have airbrushed their nails." Quote from Chris

Have the same sinking feeling when (I know that they will be A OK) I wipe gel colour at the end of the treatment. Everytime I think I'm gunna wipe it all off:smack: !!

Today's temp right now 98 degrees F- tomarrow and through the weekend triple digits...

Product ratio- still use the going, going, gone method, into the monomer, one or two swipes across the edge of the dappen dish, into the powder with the flag only, slow straight line about 1/2 way across the dish, and check.

This still works, but you may want to be going, going, gone quickly, you don't need to be a whole lot wetter. Retention+ seems to work better in hotter temps for me than radical, and I'm not quick enough for Moxie

when i started using moxie last yr, i wondered if i would have to return to retention + in the summer months (who am i kidding, montjhs, i mean weeks!)

however, so far, so good.

i do have to adjust my ratio, but it is still very workable!

liza

Latest posts

Back