L&P Sculpting Q...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
Hi again,

I'm doing a full set on my lovely Mother tomorrow night, and I would really like to sculpt! She has short nail beds though :( which I would like to lengthen using Flawless Pink :)

I assume I'll have to do it differently than normal sculpting where I would place the 1st white bead up against her free edge, cos wouldn't I want to have some Flawless Pink there instead, in order to create that illusion of a longer nail bed?

So, the idea I have would be to first place a smallish bead of Flawless pink on the form up against her free edge (put it into place around her free edge) and then add the white to that at the front. Then carrying on as normal in Zone 2 then 3 on her natural nail bed.... any other ideas? Or more experienced geeks with insight?

Ta,
Katy

Mercury said:
Hi again,

I'm doing a full set on my lovely Mother tomorrow night, and I would really like to sculpt! She has short nail beds though :( which I would like to lengthen using Flawless Pink :)

I assume I'll have to do it differently than normal sculpting where I would place the 1st white bead up against her free edge, cos wouldn't I want to have some Flawless Pink there instead, in order to create that illusion of a longer nail bed?

So, the idea I have would be to first place a smallish bead of Flawless pink on the form up against her free edge (put it into place around her free edge) and then add the white to that at the front. Then carrying on as normal in Zone 2 then 3 on her natural nail bed.... any other ideas? Or more experienced geeks with insight?

Ta,
Katy

Hiya Katy
I worked backwards once to acheive this - which might sound crazy but this is what I did.

I applied a form then did zone 2 first then zone 3 and finally sculpted in zone1 once I had enlongated the nail plate to the desired length

HTH

Thanks Fab! That's a good idea!

I guess the biggest thing I'm worried about is blending the opaque pink well enough that there are no lines showing afterwards... I wonder if I should I blend a little Perfect Colour Pink with it? I will experiment a bit today on some cheap tips to see....

Any other ideas from experimental geeks??

Ta,
Katy

Latest posts

Back