lacking in confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asquith

Reaction score
hi guys i was just wanting abit of information. in july this year i did a two day course on acrylic nails it was my first introduction to the nail industry and i thouroughly enjoyed it however, i am feeling a little less confident now i feel like i need to learn more. i have a few regular clients and they are all happy with my extensions but i am still feeling abit unsure about things. is there a course that you could reccommend to me to do as i feel i am needing a little bit of support and just re assurance really...thanks everyone

asquith said:
hi guys i was just wanting abit of information. in july this year i did a two day course on acrylic nails it was my first introduction to the nail industry and i thouroughly enjoyed it however, i am feeling a little less confident now i feel like i need to learn more. i have a few regular clients and they are all happy with my extensions but i am still feeling abit unsure about things. is there a course that you could reccommend to me to do as i feel i am needing a little bit of support and just re assurance really...thanks everyone
Hiya,

Welcome to the board!!!!

Yes i would deffo recomend more training it is a life long learning curve. Have a ring around and a good chat with all training companies, find which one suits you better. There is alot of good and bad training about, so its well worth the time ringing around. We are all here to help one another and i'm sure if you have any probs someone will help you!!!!:Love:

Amanda

I also did my training in July and felt the need to reafirm what I had learnt. I decided to enrol at college and I'm doing a VTCT NVQ Level 2 in Manicure and Pedicure.
This site is also brilliant for the tutorials and the general chat about nails.

I only passed my foundation course in March with CND and have already been back to do a Sculpting course and hand Beauty course. I plan next year to do my Masters.

I believe that continuing with the training it will build confidence and reaffirm what you have already been doing.

Best thing to do is not stop, just keep plodding on, getting bums on seats and practise, practise, practise.

It is an art, and unfortunately, artists are never satisfied!! We constantly question our ability. I love it and hate it all at the same time.

Enjoy the roller coaster!

Welcome to the wonderful world of nails............
A 2 day course is an introdcution and will give you the basic skills........ but the key is onward and upwards............ Like Lily said..........Being a Nail Technician is a life long learning curve.........you never stop and so many things change all the time............There are lots of add on courses out there......... Maybe your initial training provider has some additional courses for you ............worth checking out............
Sculpting, custom blending powders, toubleshooting clients problems, Make over classes where you learn how to deal with problems nails like ski jump, hook and severely bitten nails, the list is endless............
Creative is my chosen educator and has never let me down...........

hi , and welcome , you will love this board it is a total godsend, i live near leeds so if you ever wanna meet up for a coffee, or a practice i am quite happy to , me and diesel do it, and it is really good to have someone to bounce ideas off, love dee

awww thank you all very much, the course i did was on manicures and acrylic nails and i did really enjoy it. i am a fulltime mum of two at the moment so am just wanting to learn as much as i can so when i get the kids off to school fulltime i can get straight into the business. i do have a few clients who i regularly do nail extensions on and i am always pleased with my results but i just want to learn and although the course i did was good i do still feel like im in the deep end abit. does anyone know whether there is a night course or something that i can do as having the kids its impossoble for me to go to college fulltime??
thanks again everyone im sure you will all be a big help to me :biggrin:

hi where abouts in leeds are you , i am sure thomas danby do night classes, and bradford college too , also there is the central college of beauty in leeds town centre, and they do night classes hth

i'm about a mile out of the centre of leeds so its pretty easy to get anywhere. i have contacted creative nails and they are sending me out some info on their courses which i am really pleased about but as usual have hit a slight set back and have just found out i am pregnant so am not sure whether to go for it now or wait till after the baby is born. my instinct is to go for it cos my poor hubby is sick of going to work with my practice nails on....rofl rofl

congrats on the pregnancy news, i would still go for it , better now than when u have another baby to look after , :D

Latest posts

Back