Ladies doing their own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But how do you know it's completely cured? That's my concern.

I wipe with d sperse as normal and the glitter is stuck to it- won't budge so obviously under is cured for it to be stuck on without budging. If it wasn't cured then the glitter wouldn't be so secure X

I wipe with d sperse as normal and the glitter is stuck to it- won't budge so obviously under is cured for it to be stuck on without budging. If it wasn't cured then the glitter wouldn't be so secure X

We don't really know that the gel is cured; there is no easily accessible way of knowing that (even when we do it right). We know that is is hard, but since gel gets hard when its only 50% cured, that's a problem. What happens in this situation is that the basecoat cures properly, then there is a layer of partially cured gel mixed with glitter and then topped with top coat which is properly cured. So you have a layer of uncured gel sandwiched between two layers of properly cured gel. It looks and feels right, but you are exposing the client and yourself to uncured gel. The best way to do it is to cure the color coat and then sprinkle or burnish the glitter on the inhibition layer. Then top with top coat, one or two layers.

Latest posts

Back