Laptop annoyance!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmyLouise1989

Reaction score
Evening Geeks!
So I start college on Wednesday and my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1545) has just decided to go down the pan and breathe its last breath! :(

Any suggestions on what laptop I should buy next? I need something that's going to last me long time as I'm planning to go mobile in July once qualified so need something efficient enough to carry out business tasks!

my first question would be WHY is your laptop not working. Is it a charger problem, battery problem or internal hardwear problem? Some problems are cheaper to replace than to buy a new lappy so get a local IT guy to check it out for u :)

Acer! I won't go with any other brand now.
I cracked my screen but used it using the tv anyway so didn't make much of a problem for me. Its ram packed with the full Harry potter series on blueray, another 35 movies, over 9000 songs, loads of word files, too many pictures I'd guess about 50,000 and its only just starting to go slow. Xoxo

Oh sorry, it's not recognising the internal disk drive, won't reboot, tried resetting the disk drives and the rest, still no luck x

my first question would be WHY is your laptop not working. Is it a charger problem, battery problem or internal hardwear problem? Some problems are cheaper to replace than to buy a new lappy so get a local IT guy to check it out for u :)

I think some just die. My old one before the aver just went one day it was so old i knew it was a waste of money xoxo

Funny how different we all are.

I'm also looking for a new laptop/tablet but I wouldnt touch Acer with a barge pole!

I want a tablet but also a keyboard.

Lets see what these lovely geeks can come up with!

im looking at apple! my broski is 19 and well i found out that if you register from your college/uni email address you can get up to 15% off! You can pay in monthly installments, and they have this for business too!! Im thinking mini ipad and imac for myself! ive always prefered desktops but dunno how im gona use apple! uh-oh! xoxo

samsung is good too, especially for tablets! xoxo

I was considering apple! May look into that student thing a little more, get it while I can ;)

Latest posts

Back