Lasers/IPL bought from China?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deva1963

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone bought a laser or IPL machine from abroad ie: China/Hong Kong/United States? They seem to be considerably cheaper than the uk and they all are CE approved , can anyone help me pls.:grr:

Many Thanks

Dont do it! Theres plently of reputable brands available in the uk, there were quite a few at professional beauty, that are in my opinion worth looking into.

Dont be tempted to buy cheap...you wont have any technical support in case anything goes wrong. Dont forget that the voltage/plug adapter is normally required for these to operate, (although not efficiently).

You gota look into your budget, think if you can get a loan or pay as you go scheme that many reputable medical grade ipl/laser machines do. xoxo

Sorry but I disagree. I am from Malta and was going to buy my IPL from UK. I finally found the same machine at half the price from china. Customer support is fantastic. All you need to do is just hoover around and do not buy from the first company that pops up.

Sorry but I disagree. I am from Malta and was going to buy my IPL from UK. I finally found the same machine at half the price from china. Customer support is fantastic. All you need to do is just hoover around and do not buy from the first company that pops up.

Don't buy from outside of this country, you will notice that anytime a thread pops up on IPL machines newly joined geeks mysteriously pop up (not saying that is you dermatec although you do have a suspiciously appropriate name:wink2:) and say it's absolutely fine.

You don't know what you're getting, whether it's safe, there'll be no manufacturer training either. Don't touch with a barge pole, buy from a reputable company and if the price bothers you then don't buy them. Safety first over price when it comes to clients and risks of burning them.

I was training in china for a few months last year and could not believe how they make fake versions of everything including machines which are of poor quality. I really don't think a machine bought from china would be safe

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

Thank you for all your advice on this enquiry, I was thinking all the same things myself about saftey issues to client, poor quality etc.... but I was just wondering if anyone had actually gone ahead with purchasing one and if so what was their thoughts on it? once again thank you :biggrin:

Im on the fence because as we keep hearing MOSTLY EVERYTHING we are using as a consumer comes from China or that way.

I take on board safety etc and I have researched this and it is possible to approach the manafacturers direct - look at all the nail colours we are using where are they from? Nail tips? nail lamps? etc list goes on an on.

you just need to find out the contacts(dragon dens candidates are able to manafacturer their wares and find this out with the dragons help but its easy to do yourself)

All you see on a nail lamp etc is the branding afterall. I could buy 30 lamps put my brand on them and as long as they are certified to use in the uk, I would be legally allowed to sell them. Which is what consumers do everday on ebay - how many techs have lamps theyve purchased from hong kong?

Before I get a bashing on here - I advocate safety and training etc Im just answering the question:biggrin:

The thing is that some companies will go to manufacturers in China and they will be legitimate and safe. However, some of the machine/items are then copied not using the same high quality items. You have no way of knowing if you buy direct from another country what you are going to get.

With the risk of burning a client I would stick to a company that has a good reputation who you can always refer back to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im on the fence because as we keep hearing MOSTLY EVERYTHING we are using as a consumer comes from China or that way.

I take on board safety etc and I have researched this and it is possible to approach the manafacturers direct - look at all the nail colours we are using where are they from? Nail tips? nail lamps? etc list goes on an on.

you just need to find out the contacts(dragon dens candidates are able to manafacturer their wares and find this out with the dragons help but its easy to do yourself)

All you see on a nail lamp etc is the branding afterall. I could buy 30 lamps put my brand on them and as long as they are certified to use in the uk, I would be legally allowed to sell them. Which is what consumers do everday on ebay - how many techs have lamps theyve purchased from hong kong?

Before I get a bashing on here - I advocate safety and training etc Im just answering the question:biggrin:

I kind of need to agree with this, virtually everything comes from China, I think it's down to correct testing, warranties etc, which I guess would be fine if you were a wholesaler/distributor, but probably too much hassle if you were just purchasing one machine for your salon.

I am looking for an IPL machine and ones from china popped up!!! I didnt even consider them!!! Firstly, its a big investment and you need to see it....are you going to pay your flight fare? (deduct that off your savings!! and surely your not going to transfer money based on "paper" confirming a delivery!) then when you get there, how will you know if its fake, modified and genuine? I not being small monded just realistic and saying dont waste your time. Also if you burn someone i bet there will be legalities with your insurance company when they ask you where you bought it from!! Please, dont do it....do what im doing, find a reputable IPL company in the UK....I WOULD HATE TO HEAR YOU LOST ALL YOUR MONEY, ITS NOT A CHEAP MISTAKE!! Good luck, whatever you decide!!

You have to be so careful where you buy machines from now days we had a client who went to a different clinic for hair removal but returned because they felt the machine was not very effective at all compared to ours.
I imagine support from china could be difficult if something went wrong with the machines.
At the same time we have good named machines on the market in the uk but some are so so pricely their are other options within the UK, that way you don't have to pay the HUGE amounts needed.

Hope you find something soon! :green:

Hi Deva

Wondering if you ever decided on what to do about your IPL machine?

Regards:confused:

I agree with rachael on this one. I also work at a skinfirst clinic in the north west and am thinking of purchasing one of their machines to start my own business as i can see it is clearly very lucrative ! I suggest you ask companies to let you try their machines to see they work. maybe have a look if there are any skinfirst clinics near you, they will happily let you have a complimentary treatment so you can see the machines and try them before making any decisions and while shopping around !
Cheers xxx caroline

Latest posts

Back