Lash courses and which brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asteropi

Reaction score
Hey all,
First of, let me say I have no idea about anything related to skin, other than the non-pro things we have and do at home. I'm basically a nail tech.
I want to do a make up course some time in the future when I find one available and convenient enough but not now.

1) However the reason for this post is that the beauty school I attended for nails is now doing a lash extesion course (no-brand affiliated, just general techniques) and my teacher told me that since I'm interested in makeup, then learning to do lashes would be beneficial for me. Strangely enough I had never given this much thought, basically because I never felt the need myself. Do you agree though? Is lash courses an important part of make up? Should I go? Or is the school just looking for students?

2) Secondly, she told me that they'll be showing extension techniques both for buns of lashes as well as hair by hair lashes. I know I don't have the right terms here so I hope you understand what I'm saying because I really need some guidance with this.
But I have read through a couple of posts here and all I can see is lash lift and lash perm, so what's off? What am I missing? What's the difference? and if there is a difference what should I focus on?

3) Finally, she said she'll be providing all the initial things for us, since I wouldn't even know where to begin and what to buy, but she did mention a brand named Lashionista. Do you know it? Should I buy a student kit of them? Or is there anything else to suggest to start with?

Please, please PLEASE, somebody please tell me what to do. I'm so torn.

Last edited:
Hi,

Few things to consider.I am passionate about training so want to share a few things.

The techniques sound like
_ Clusters (Knot with several extensions attached)
- Known as party or flare lashes very heavy on the eye.

Will you be working in a salon or mobile the reason I ask as that will determine the course and level of course.

For salon work a NVQ,VTCT or ITEC is required but for Mobile (self employed) an accredited Diploma is enough.

Look for the following accreditations for *private small courses so you can get insurance.
(*BABTC,Beauty Guild , Towergate and ABT ,Lash Inc )
It's helpful finding a school that offers both Classic( 1:1) +Volume(2D-6D) that way you train in the same place and use the same kit.Good courses should come with a kit. Does the course offer support afterwards also is another thing to consider.

The best way to find a good course is visiting www.beautyguild.com for accredited courses then you know you are safe and in good hands don't rush your choice and also visit websites and social media to see if you like the look of the work.

Make up and lashes are a good combo!

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hi,

Few things to consider.I am passionate about training so want to share a few things.

The techniques sound like
_ Clusters (Knot with several extensions attached)
- Known as party or flare lashes very heavy on the eye.

Will you be working in a salon or mobile the reason I ask as that will determine the course and level of course.

For salon work a NVQ,VTCT or ITEC is required but for Mobile (self employed) an accredited Diploma is enough.

Look for the following accreditations for *private small courses so you can get insurance.
(*BABTC,Beauty Guild , Towergate and ABT ,Lash Inc )
It's helpful finding a school that offers both Classic( 1:1) +Volume(2D-6D) that way you train in the same place and use the same kit.Good courses should come with a kit. Does the course offer support afterwards also is another thing to consider.

The best way to find a good course is visiting www.beautyguild.com for accredited courses then you know you are safe and in good hands don't rush your choice and also visit websites and social media to see if you like the look of the work.

Make up and lashes are a good combo!

I hope that helps.

Thanks for your help
I live in Greece and diplomas here are somewhat different. I'm not sure what an NVQ etc are so not sure what's the appropriate match here.

I'm going mobile for now and I have a chance in starting in a salon in the summer. That's just nails however. I'm not sure if they'll ask for lashes but it'll be good to offer both

My teacher and the school I went to are accredited so there's not a problem with that. She didn't mention the Russian Volume which is fine I gather since I'm a beginner.

She did offer me both a just-the-course fee, and another one including the first kit, just in case I'd like to buy it elsewhere

Thank you truly for your guidance though. I think I'll do it since it sounds so good

Latest posts

Back