Lashbase primer residue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asteropi

Reaction score
Hey geeks,
I recently bought a few items from Lashbase, one of which was their extensions' primer as the system I was using didn't have one.
The girl didn't wear any make up and her eyelashes were clean.
So I start regularly, clean the eyes with my protein pads and then apply the primer and my gel pads. I should say I did 2 hands of primer as I wasn't sure it was flowing at first.
A few mins into lashing I notice that there are small bundles of lashes (2-3 lashes at a time, not very large and not too many of them) sort of glued or stuck together. I try to separate them and I see there is some kind of black residue on them. It wasn't glue so the lashes would unstuck easily. I had to remove most of it with my tweezers and my wand. Then cleaned again with prep pads and started over.
However, until I noticed it I had done about 1/3 of the first eye. Did I just ruin my client's extensions? Will they come off? Should I have removed all my initial work before starting over? Although she was quite pressed for time, as she was going to the hairdresser's right afterwards.
And the second question, why did this happen? Should I have waited for the protein pads application to dry before I want on with my primer? It had never before. It was the first time I saw it and the only thing I did differently was using the primer right after the protein pads.

Besides Lashbase Primer, everything else I used was from Lashionista, a greek pro only lashes' brand.
Edited to add that while I was going the primer over the lashes I noticed a little black leftover on the cotton bud I was applying it with, but the primer is transparent.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back