Lashes look frazzled after lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuthieOne

Reaction score
I’ve yet to do a lash lift and loved the results. The lashes look fine after the appointment as I’m showing them in a mirror but days later I’ve had clients come back in and their lashes look fried and super curly. I’m doing the exact thing that I did in training but with very different results...any clue what I’m screwing up? I use Elleebana system. And I normally tint immediately after setting lotion removal. Thanks!!

You're leaving the perming/lifting lotion on too long....
or not removing the solutions well enough at the finish, causing the lashes to become over processed.

You're leaving the perming/lifting lotion on too long....
or not removing the solutions well enough at the finish, causing the lashes to become over processed.
Okay, makes total sense. I'm removing with dampened q-tips as shown in training. Is there something else that works better in your opinion?

Okay, makes total sense. I'm removing with dampened q-tips as shown in training. Is there something else that works better in your opinion?

Some folk 'bathe' the lashes afterwards.....I personally find damp cotton buds enough....but I do use several!
You have to be meticulous at each stage of removal...
These are strong chemicals we are using, despite the 'fluffy' sales pitch some companies use.
You need to know how each solution works, so that when things go wrong - and they will from time to time -, you can understand why.

My background is in hairdressing, so perming & neutralising is something I am very knowledgeable about.
IMO, this should be covered in the training, but from my own experience, it isn't , hence issues arise when things don't work out exactly as we hoped!:cool:

I always ask the client to give their eyes a good wipe with damp cotton at the end to make sure everything is fully removed, they can usually rub a bit better than we can, particularly in at the root of the lashes[emoji4]

Latest posts

Back