Lashes, pads or tape?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikita's Beauty Lounge

Reaction score
Geeks,

I normally use pads for doing individual lashes and get on well with them. I've used tape a few times but I'm wondering if I used the RIGHT tape?

I feel like I'm ripping there skin off when taking the tape off at the end Iv had it used in myself before when having lashes done.

So, what tape is it you all recommend OR a good Lash pad pls. I can't bear it if the lashes get stuck to the pads or if the pads keep moving!

Thanks Lovlies

I use lash pads, because tapes cause too much pain. I get it from a local store here.

I use silk pads I find them more gentle on skin and then tape down any stray lashes in a /\ shape.
If tape is too sticky detack it on the back of clients hand.

Never use tape unless it's paper tape or magic tape.

Tape offers no protection from the tweezers and can result in a paper cut to the eye if it moves during the treatment.

Pads are much kinder to the client.

Hi Frankie every time I google magic tape Scotch magic tape comes up
Is this what you are referring to? I did a set of lashes today but we only have micropore tape. I only used half an inch on the inner corners of the eye. Taking it off was an absolute nightmare.

Hi Frankie every time I google magic tape Scotch magic tape comes up
Is this what you are referring to? I did a set of lashes today but we only have micropore tape. I only used half an inch on the inner corners of the eye. Taking it off was an absolute nightmare.
I would try to
get medical grade tape. I think it's called clothe tape. I hope this helps!

I put vaseline under the eyes first and then put the tape over it, it means the tape doesn't stick as much to the skin and it's easier to pull off at the end.

Hi Nakita, I use Eyelash Emporium pads, I stay well away from tape as no matter how much I Un tac it before hand I find the body heat from the client causes it to stick more during their treatment. If you have lashes that are not sticking under the pad apply a small amount of tape to pin them to the top of the pad. For the pad moving I only stick down corner of the pads and if the corner near the nose area are being stubborn do what you can then add a new pad to do the inner corners ive added a picture of one of my clients who has this issue with the pads so hopefully you can see what i mean x

Attachments

• IMG_20170330_212132_303.jpg
    IMG_20170330_212132_303.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 66
I had pads moving yesterday. I had to change the pads during the treatment. My client had very large round eyes and the eye area stick out. It didn't help that my client was late and I told her on booking absolutely no make up and she arrives with full face make up. She didn't remove it properly and still had lots of strip lash glue still in her lashes. Any way the make up and the shape of her eye area make the pads slide towards her eye so I had to change them during the treatment . This was a new client and said that the pads never stay on her and this happens. Even tapping up her eyebrow to lift her lashes to give me a little more room I could see the pads sliding. I wonder what else I could use on this client?

Frankie widows from eyelash excellence has a video in you tube about applying eye pads and covers in the video the best way to set the pads for round eyes so they stay there.

Frankie widows from eyelash excellence has a video on YouTube about applying eye pads and covers the best way for round eyes.

Frankie Widdows (Eyelash Excellence) also sells paper (magic) tape on her website. It's what I use. But I use pads as well.

Every time of tried to buy Frankies tape is sold our .

I bought from Morrison's Micropourous easy tear tape hypoallergenic for 58p
It's brilliant! Tried it on my lady yesterday and as I was removing it she said it was a "dream", she was braising her self for the pain. I used it on the inner corners under the pads. I shall be stocking up on it

Latest posts

Back