last call

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honey5

Reaction score
Please all you helpful people tell me what am doing wrong im feeling a totally failure. I started my buisness in Jan after doing a hnc and night / day class in beauty but i have done everthing to promote it leaflet drop wesite and still i cant get and new clints in. I thought of going and learning calgel as in quite a money earners ahough i do gel nails and am learning poppits on monday. Sorry for ranting again what else can i do please

regards xx

Hiya hun, sounds like you're having a bad day. You are not a failure! As anyone will tell you, it takes time to build up a loyal client base.

Concentrate on the treatments you already offer and make sure that they are top notch, A1, can't be beaten. Like they say, jack of all trades, master of none.

Keep your existing clients happy first and foremost and they will be your best advertisement, recommending you to one and all.

You can also check out "advertising" in the search bar at the top of this page. There have been quite a few discussions about this so i'm sure you'll find lots of helpful ideas.

Oh, and let us know your website so we can have a peek and hopefully give you a few tips.

Good luck. Keep your chin up xxx

It took me almost 2 year to build a nice stable client base, and still not fully booked. I thinks the things the influence the most are locationd and quality of service. If you are well located you can draw new clients more easily, but only if you have good quality services you are able to maintain them.
So if your salon is not well located, you might be the best tech in the world, but clients won't find you.
And if your salon is well located but your service is shamefull, you might get lots of walk ins, but you'll never get a client base as people won't return...

These things take time its taken me 10months to really build up a reasonable client base.

Dont give up.
Im sorry memory like a fish, dont remember if you said if you were beauty only, im offering friends and hopefully friends of friends half price waxing for a limited period (until i gain mobile experience and speed really). The idea is that i hook them as regulars who cant go without their monthly wax. Next i introduce them to my other treatments. This will bring in the money to build my website, logo, pricelists and new business cards, then i'll door-knock rather than just drop the leaflets (want to wait until i've got my profession image sorted), people can be intimidated by the word 'beauty therapist' introduce yourself,wear your uniform, show your human side, dont waste your leaflets by posting through the doors who havent answered, if you treat her neighbour she'll soon be asking about you!.
I know it hurts to reduce prices but word of mouth will pay back by building a faithful client base.
Hang in there :hug: jackie b.

Please all you helpful people tell me what am doing wrong im feeling a totally failure. I started my buisness in Jan after doing a hnc and night / day class in beauty but i have done everthing to promote it leaflet drop wesite and still i cant get and new clints in. I thought of going and learning calgel as in quite a money earners ahough i do gel nails and am learning poppits on monday. Sorry for ranting again what else can i do please

regards xx

Sorry to hear you are struggling, maybe things will pickup in the school holidays as alot of poeple go on holidays etc. Keep trying new and different things until you find what is right for your local clients, when you hit the nail on the head then you will be happy :)

Where bouts in Scotland are you?

Latest posts

Back