Lecente chrome mirror nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cipolla

Reaction score
Help, I am having problems with application. I practised on my friend with a light pink shellac and holographic powder, beautiful no problems. But when I apply the darker colours and silver and gold powder, they look fine until I wipe with disperse and some of it comes off. I was told it sounds like I didn't seal with top coat properly. It would make sense, but how much pressure should I use, should the applicator squeak, or should I apply it lighter, I am going a bit mental, trying to get this right, as it's so beautiful once I apply it, but frustrating at the end.

Help, I am having problems with application. I practised on my friend with a light pink shellac and holographic powder, beautiful no problems. But when I apply the darker colours and silver and gold powder, they look fine until I wipe with disperse and some of it comes off. I was told it sounds like I didn't seal with top coat properly. It would make sense, but how much pressure should I use, should the applicator squeak, or should I apply it lighter, I am going a bit mental, trying to get this right, as it's so beautiful once I apply it, but frustrating at the end.

I haven't used Lecente's chromes but I have used Wildflowers and Magpie and yes you need the applicator to squeek - this ensures it's all well adhered, smooth, shiny and no residual dust left. You might want to wipe over with a dry pad too before topcoating, too much powder will cause problems. Be a bit stingy with the application, you can always add more if necessary but too much is harder to resolve.

Last edited:
I haven't used Lecente's chromes but I have used Wildflowers and Magpie and yes you need the applicator to squeek - this ensures it's all well adhered, smooth, shiny and no residual dust left. You might want to wipe over with a dry pad too before topcoating, too much powder will cause problems. Be a big stingy with the application, you can always add more if necessary but too much is harder to resolve.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.

Just found this and having the same problem. Did you manage to resolve it Cippola?

Latest posts

Back