LED polish coming off at free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sadiah

Reaction score
Hi I've been a qualified nail tech for 5 years now and have an LED lamp for curing gel polish quicker. My problem is that even after I've prepped the nail correctly, applied the base coat, & polish not too thickly the polish is still chipping off on the free edge. If I apply nail enhancements, I use a 2 layers of gel be.fore applying polish. Then finish off with LED base coat. I'm curing in the lamp for 45 secs. is this too short a time? Can it be that i'm applying too many layers of gel/polish?? Hope someone can help! Thanks!

Hi I've been a qualified nail tech for 5 years now and have an LED lamp for curing gel polish quicker. My problem is that even after I've prepped the nail correctly, applied the base coat, & polish not too thickly the polish is still chipping off on the free edge. If I apply nail enhancements, I use a 2 layers of gel be.fore applying polish. Then finish off with LED base coat. I'm curing in the lamp for 45 secs. is this too short a time? Can it be that i'm applying too many layers of gel/polish?? Hope someone can help! Thanks!

Is your lamp compatible with the brand of gel and gel polish you are using? We need more info to be able to tell you how long you would need to cure. Are you also prepping under and around the free edge? Why are you finishing with base coat? Are you using the proper top coat? Are you inadvertently creating a bump of gel on the free edge by using too much product when you cap? This will cause chipping.

Is your lamp compatible with the brand of gel and gel polish you are using? We need more info to be able to tell you how long you would need to cure. Are you also prepping under and around the free edge? Why are you finishing with base coat? Are you using the proper top coat? Are you inadvertently creating a bump of gel on the free edge by using too much product when you cap? This will cause chipping.

Hi thanks so much for your replies! Yes I think I've been using too much product on the free edge. Sorry, typo error I meant that I use Top not base coat to finish off. Will also try & cure for 60 secs instead of 45.

I know shellac is 2 min cure time

What brand of gel and gel polish? Not all are led compatible.

I had some issues when I moved over to led. I found that if the hands are not placed in the exact correct position then I get issues x

Latest posts

Back