Level 2 but which course ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglymushroom

Reaction score
Help ! I trained as a hairdresser 20 years ago but due to personal reasons I didnt get to take my exams so never qualified. I have worked in salons and continued to do friends and family but lack confidence. ive since gained level 3 qualifications in beauty therapy and Holistic therapies and healing but have always regretted not completing my hairdressing course......So 20 years on im going back ! but what do I choose ? diploma ? NVQ ? im beginning to over think it. times running out as places are over subscribed for september but there are a few places on the diploma level 2 course. Do I take it ? how do they differ ?

I think before you can do your nvq level 3 you have to do your nvq level 2, speak to your local college, they might run evening courses later on in the year if you have missed september starting. Level 2 is basic cutting and colouring and level 3 is much more in depth colour correction, different ways to cut, combining cuts etc, good luck! x

Thanks for your reply...I intend to do the level 2 but I was wondering what the difference is between the diploma and the NVQ apart from the fact that the diploma is double the price ! both are 1 year so I might follow up with a level 3 but after reading posts on the poor standards or training in colleges ( it was the same when I trained in Holistics) im worried id be wasting my time and money.

Latest posts

Back