Level 3 Beauty locally Part Time ??!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahmarie

Reaction score
Hi there guys!!..

I enrolled on my my Beauty Diploma back in 2004 at my local college..
I Happily qualified and have since done nail enhancement courses also..

Since gettin my own salon/starting up as self employed, I feel that I REALLY REALLY want to do my Level 3 so that I have more knowledge and so that I can do body massage and the other treatments that level 3 enables you to do..

.. However, I always did my beauty/nail courses in the evenings or weekends whilst working full time in my previous office job and that is what suits, as I obviously cannot do full time courses because of the salon..

What I am asking here is;

Is it at all possible to do a part time level 3 beauty course at a 'normal' local college or does it simply have to be full time unless I go private??..

I simply cannot afford to pay more than the normal college prices to go and train elsewhere you see, but have wanted to do my level 3 for ages!:cry:

.. I am definately doing the level 3 theatrical and media makeup course this Sept as I was soooo annoyingly about a week late for last year's course when I tried to enroll!!..
This is on a monday evening and I can't wait!! :green:

i was in the same position.

It worth calling the college and seeing what the timetable is like. Often you are only in 2 or 3 days a week for a few hours. Plus if it is a full time course its free.

I also know the carlton institute do all the seperate bits you need and are quite reasonable. You can do facial electrics, body electrics and electrolysis.

The only problem with doing your level 3 now at college is you already have your body massage and nail extension certs and they may want you to repeat these modules if they dont recognise the quals or if anything has altered in the curriculum since you qualified.

Its worth calling them though and discussing it with them as if you can get signed off these sections you may get extra days/hours off college to work.

Kate

i was in the same position.

It worth calling the college and seeing what the timetable is like. Often you are only in 2 or 3 days a week for a few hours. Plus if it is a full time course its free.

I also know the carlton institute do all the seperate bits you need and are quite reasonable. You can do facial electrics, body electrics and electrolysis.

The only problem with doing your level 3 now at college is you already have your body massage and nail extension certs and they may want you to repeat these modules if they dont recognise the quals or if anything has altered in the curriculum since you qualified.

Its worth calling them though and discussing it with them as if you can get signed off these sections you may get extra days/hours off college to work.

Kate

Thanks for that Kate!..

My local college is absolutely rubbish at answering the phone!! And they never get back to you!

I can call in on Monday though in person..

I didn't cover body massage at all in my diploma you see so that wouldn't be repeated..

Just really excited to do it!!

Thank you for the info!

xxx

Thanks for that Kate!..

My local college is absolutely rubbish at answering the phone!! And they never get back to you!

I can call in on Monday though in person..

I didn't cover body massage at all in my diploma you see so that wouldn't be repeated..

Just really excited to do it!!

Thank you for the info!

xxx

If they are rubbish at answering the phone, why dont you put in your application for Level 3 and then you can discuss it with them when they get back to you.

If they are rubbish at answering the phone, why dont you put in your application for Level 3 and then you can discuss it with them when they get back to you.

Yes, I am going to go there on Monday and enrol..

Just looked at Carlton Institute website.... Unless I am missing something, they are not local to me so not really useful, but thanks anyway Kate!
xx

hi sarah just read your thread, caulden and newcastle do night time courses 4 level 3 which are just 2 nights a week so you could try that. if you ask to speak to anne oldham at caulden she is really good and will sort you out. if you need any more help just let me know
xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi sarah just read your thread, caulden and newcastle do night time courses 4 level 3 which are just 2 nights a week so you could try that. if you ask to speak to anne oldham at caulden she is really good and will sort you out. if you need any more help just let me know
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya darl!!! :hug:

Thanks for that but Castle don't do level 3 part time/evening..
Or Cauldon?!!

I have asked both colleges previously and also continuously checked their websites! Where did you hear this???

xxxxxx!!! :green:

well wot about if you do it on an apprentiship could you do that even though you are the salon owner???? i'll speak to anne for yo 2 morrow if you like and see if they do any kind of part time level 3. other than that you would hev to go somewhere like pinks academy and pay for it but the NVQ's are expensive. they do BABTAC's would this be the same thing, you would hav a qualification and the training also the BABTAC's are loads cheaper?????
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

well wot about if you do it on an apprentiship could you do that even though you are the salon owner???? i'll speak to anne for yo 2 morrow if you like and see if they do any kind of part time level 3. other than that you would hev to go somewhere like pinks academy and pay for it but the NVQ's are expensive. they do BABTAC's would this be the same thing, you would hav a qualification and the training also the BABTAC's are loads cheaper?????
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks darl, that would be great if u could speak to her!!

Exactly.. Don't want to totally skint myself, hence the reason I want to do the 'cheaper' local diploma/NVQ etc..
xx

okey dokey will speak to her for you let you no how i get on XXXXXXXXX:)

you can do your level 3 qualification salon based with one day release to college per week.This is what i am doing.

you can do your level 3 qualification salon based with one day release to college per week.This is what i am doing.

Really!!!!!??? :green: :green: :green:

Although I'm self employed?! Who u doing that with?

xxx

i dont know about being self employed but you would have to find out about that.Do you have any staff working for you that have a level 3 qualification?
I'm just working in a small salon.They agreed to take me on and i go to college 1 day per week.Check out your local colleges and see what they can do for you.If that doesnt work have you ever thought of doing short courses? You could do them in the evening and sum only last a few weeks.
What an acheivement having your own salon.I wouldnt know where to start!! xx

i dont know about being self employed but you would have to find out about that.Do you have any staff working for you that have a level 3 qualification?
I'm just working in a small salon.They agreed to take me on and i go to college 1 day per week.Check out your local colleges and see what they can do for you.If that doesnt work have you ever thought of doing short courses? You could do them in the evening and sum only last a few weeks.
What an acheivement having your own salon.I wouldnt know where to start!! xx

Yessssssss!!!! :green:

I have my place for my level 3 beauty course confirmed for September!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Went to my local college today and was offered the place..
All signed up etc so I am very happy. Wish I could start it now though!!

Thank you all for your help and advice!!
xx

:lol:

hiya
which one are you going to? how much is it? im in middlewich, half an hour from stoke and really want to do my level 3 too

hiya
which one are you going to? how much is it? im in middlewich, half an hour from stoke and really want to do my level 3 too

Hi there. I am going to Newcastle Under Lyme college.
It is about £100 per term. The EXACT FULL AMOUNT has not been given to me yet..

xx

Congrats, looks like we will all be doing our Level 3 soon!!! how exciting

xx

Me too. :hug:

I have been given a place to study Level 3 in Thurrock and Basildon College!! for two years part time, every Tuesday (all day) If you geeks are doing this particular course - let me know, we can geek up!!! I am so excited....It cost £800:eek: - i hope it will be an investment!! its £800 for one year and it may go up again in year two:irked:!! I have only recently got engaged :lol:- hopefully the wedding will be in September/October 2009 so my and my fiance have to watch the pennies..Hopefully I will get more and more business in summer months!!

Perhaps we should open a geek group for people doing LEVEL THREE for September 2008 so we can help each other out if we can get stuck on a particular subject? :hug:

Whaddya think??

Tolly xxx:lol:

Arr great!! Mine is for one year.. Cant wait start!! :green:

Congrats to you guys too!!

Sounds like a good idea to help each other out with our studies!! :)
xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back