Level 3 beauty therapy diploma Vs short diploma courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beth189

Reaction score
Hi,

I've completed my Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma this summer, and have since continued on to my Level 3 at my local college. However, next year I'll be moving and I will be unable to transfer onto the same course at the college there (I'd have to start again September 2018). I've been looking into alternatives to doing the Level 3 Diploma and have found various shorter Diploma courses for specific treatments, which I could do instead.

http://www.naturaltherapystudio.co.uk/pages/massage-amp-holistic-cornwall.php

Could anyone tell me the pros and cons of doing this instead? How would this affect my employability etc? My area of interest is massage and holistic treatments, so would going down this route be more beneficial?

I'm currently undecided as to which career route I wish to follow, self employment or employment via a salon/spa. But I suspect it would be more viable for me to enter employment initially, and perhaps move to self employment further down the line.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,

I've completed my Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma this summer, and have since continued on to my Level 3 at my local college. However, next year I'll be moving and I will be unable to transfer onto the same course at the college there (I'd have to start again September 2018). I've been looking into alternatives to doing the Level 3 Diploma and have found various shorter Diploma courses for specific treatments, which I could do instead.

http://www.naturaltherapystudio.co.uk/pages/massage-amp-holistic-cornwall.php

Could anyone tell me the pros and cons of doing this instead? How would this affect my employability etc? My area of interest is massage and holistic treatments, so would going down this route be more beneficial?

I'm currently undecided as to which career route I wish to follow, self employment or employment via a salon/spa. But I suspect it would be more viable for me to enter employment initially, and perhaps move to self employment further down the line.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

Check with your current college that you will leave with a certificate for the units you are covering this year.

There after I recommend googling for a private place that will take you through any outstanding level 3 units that you wish to cover.

Also, as long as you've got the level 3 massage unit you'll be able to apply for work in spas as this is the main aspect of the job role.

Latest posts

Back