Level 3 hairdressing at college - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nad1a

Reaction score
Hi I've just passed my level 2 hairdressing which was a 1 year course And a few units has been cut out so it could all be squeezed into the 1 year eg. Gents cutting unit, perming and a few others which I'm not sure of.

Anyway now I've started level 3 and...

The lecturers really are expecting a lot from us! Eg. I have not done any hair up work in my life apart from a French roll and they tell us to create a avant garde style and various other updos without any guidance or even demos!
I'm really panicking and feel so stressed that I want to cry! I watch youtube tutorials n that but still feel hopeless!

Should they be expecting us to teach outselfs? :S

Hiya

I start my L3 monday, and like you haven't done a lot of hair up & to be honest im not that great at it either lol. But don't worry about it, just practice a few avant garde looks on a block, even if you think its not perfect im sure your lecturers will x

Hi I've just passed my level 2 hairdressing which was a 1 year course And a few units has been cut out so it could all be squeezed into the 1 year eg. Gents cutting unit, perming and a few others which I'm not sure of.

Anyway now I've started level 3 and...

The lecturers really are expecting a lot from us! Eg. I have not done any hair up work in my life apart from a French roll and they tell us to create a avant garde style and various other updos without any guidance or even demos!
I'm really panicking and feel so stressed that I want to cry! I watch youtube tutorials n that but still feel hopeless!

Should they be expecting us to teach outselfs? :S

Hiya, do you work in a salon aswell? I learnt alot in salon watching and messing with each others hair and have taught myself hairup and its my favourite part now :)
As far as I know gents cuts aren't usually in your level 2, my boss taught me.
Practise practise practise! Good luck. Keep researching for inspiration x

Hi no I don't work in a salon neither do most of the girls in my class.
The L2 course at my college did used to do gents but they stopped it now. I am however taking an evening class for that now as I really wanted to do that :)

I'm still waiting on my long hair block coming in so I haven't been ae to practice at home.
I'm just really confused as to what is expected from me. The whole hairdressing department is a bit of a shambles eg today there was no lecturer so we were told to print off a pic of an upstyle and recreate it (which I actually impressed myself with :p) but the whole time I was like crying inside as I didn't know what to do! :O

Just feels as though we are not being taught any skills but expected to already have them :(

Latest posts

Back