Level 7 virgin hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whynotwhite

Reaction score
Hello!!

I've been dark for the past 7 years, but for the last few have grown my hair out to its natural level 7. I'm trying to achieve a paper white blonde. I bleached 20v from a virgin level 7 (Paul Mitchell) and got a very yellow level 8.
4 weeks later, I bleached again with Kevin Murphy cream lightener 30 VOLUME and am a very light blonde.. but still not quite platinum.. I'm extremely frustrated because I know a lot of people who have a natural color very much darker than mine, and also people that have begun with color treated hair who have achieved the color I am trying to reach ..
Does anyone have ANY idea why I am at such a standstill?!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Are you toning your hair? How long did the first application stay on? Second? You will want to also do a few Olaplex stand alone treatments before you lighten again to make sure the integrity of your hair stays intact!

If you bleach your hair to white, you've overdone it.
Putting 30vol on bleached level 8 hair was an odd choice and I don't think any competent colourist would do that.

Platinum shades can only be achieved by choosing the correct toners.

Latest posts

Back