Lip filler help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer Taylor

Reaction score
Hi could anyone help I had my lips filled on the 20th august with half a ml now a week on I have noticed funny colour lumps on my lips they don't hurt at all just hard and uncomfortable, could anyone please advise me on what I could do??
Thank you
IMG_1620.JPG
IMG_1625.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 90
Go back to whoever filled them.

Did you massage them for the first few days? It looks like the filler has settled in places xxx

Ow! What did you have them filled with? Hopefully you used a reputable practitioner? You need to go back to whoever did them asap x

Definitely go back to the practitioner ASAP, I'm assuming aftercare was given to massage them? Inside looks a little bruised but I'm concerned they still look very swollen after a week. Swelling takes about 2 weeks to fully go down.

You have to keep massaging them. Contact the person that done them cause they should have given you info on aftercare.
As they only have a certain amount of time to fix the problem. I think it's 2 weeks. I've had mine done three times and only once have I had a lump where I've massaged it.

Definitely contact whoever did them. I've had 0.5ml before and bruised badly but it settled within a few days. Keep massaging them too. This helped mine.

I'm only speaking on experience. I've had my lips done about 7 times over about 4 years. I've always been told by my practitioner to not massage my lips. She's always said that a lot of practitioners tell you to keep massaging them. But by doing this you are moving where they have placed the product. I'm assuming if the procedure is done correctly that you shouldn't have big lumps of filler. I can always feel the filler but it feels evening distributed through my lips. By looking at the pictures I would say that these have been done incorrectly and that the only way to fix this would be to have the filler dissolved. I agree to some extent contacting the nurse/doctor who did this, but only to get my money back! I'd be very cautious of getting them to fix them, if they have left you looking like that. Sorry you haven't had a good experience. I hope that you get them sorted.

I am curious what product was used. Speaking from personal experience and from working with cosmetic injectors I wouldn't advise you to massage the area. Definitely call the clinic to have them asses your lips. They will likely dissolve the product buildup. Contrary to what was mentioned previously there is no time cap on dissolving the HA fillers-at least the ones I am familiar with (juvederm and teosyal).

I would allow the clinic to fix them- at least resolve the issue with the lumps. Certain fillers need different amounts of the enzyme dissolver (hyaluronidase) the original injector should know the proper ratios to use on you depending on the amount of filler used and the molecular structure.

Definitely get in contact with them. I hope you find some resolution soon xo

I am curious what product was used. Speaking from personal experience and from working with cosmetic injectors I wouldn't advise you to massage the area. Definitely call the clinic to have them asses your lips. They will likely dissolve the product buildup. Contrary to what was mentioned previously there is no time cap on dissolving the HA fillers-at least the ones I am familiar with (juvederm and teosyal).

I would allow the clinic to fix them- at least resolve the issue with the lumps. Certain fillers need different amounts of the enzyme dissolver (hyaluronidase) the original injector should know the proper ratios to use on you depending on the amount of filler used and the molecular structure.

Definitely get in contact with them. I hope you find some resolution soon xo

I’m thinking of juviderm , is it common to get these lumps , Iv had Botox in the past but I’m nervous on my lips , just finding out as much as I can

I'd o straight back to the practioner who done this. I bad mine done on the 13th dec 1ml Juvederm Volift then my top up done on the 10th January again another ml juvederm Volift (i wanted a ml just incase anyone thinks thats alot in a month) mine have settled and healed already. The fact that these bumps are quite visible isn't right

Go back to whoever did them!

Hi Lola, welcome to the site, you might want to check the dates on the posts you're replying to, this one for instance is from 2017 🤣

Latest posts

Back