Lip wax & facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gillpat

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a client booked in for a lip and chin wax then an express facial on the same day. Am I right in saying that it's best to do the facial first then the waxing ? I know it's not the most relaxing but I don't want to put alot of product over a freshly waxed area.

Thanks in advance :)

I didn't think you should mix the two or that's what we was taught at college. If waxing was first the pores are open which can lead to infection putting a product over the area and exfoliating could be uncomfortable and irritate the skin. and if you wax after you would have exfoliated and exposed new skin cells which shouldn't be waxed over. Perhaps suggest for your client to spread it over a couple of days. X

Thanks for your help. Xx
I didn't think you should mix the two or that's what we was taught at college. If waxing was first the pores are open which can lead to infection putting a product over the area and exfoliating could be uncomfortable and irritate the skin. and if you wax after you would have exfoliated and exposed new skin cells which shouldn't be waxed over. Perhaps suggest for your client to spread it over a couple of days. X

I wax first and then facial. I use PR wax and it's fine, I just don't scrub upper lip. I use Eve Taylor Soothing range if they have had a wax. Never had a problem.

I wax first and then just avoid the area during the facial

Thank you for your help. X

Your own logic if you sit down carefully and go over step by step.
For example if I wax the brows I use a complete eye circle eye pad covering the waxed area while the steamer is on for example.
Small practical solutions.

Latest posts

Back