Log cabin/shed etc. salon set ups!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my log cabin, although it's not in my garden it's based at a garden centre near me. I love it xx

That looks ace. How big is it if you don't mind me asking? I haven't purchased mine yet and go round and round in circles wondering how big I need! And the big ones are quite dear!
Its only the 1 room so its 12ftx10ft. With electric, insulated, delivered, pvc door & windows, i think it was £4,300.

Do any of you manage without water/toilet facilities? If so how do you work around this?xx

I have water facilities, a cold water sink and an electric water heater. I don't have a toilet in my cabin though. If someone needs to use it I just take them into the house x

Hi everyone I was just wondering wether any of you have the log cabin/shed set up that houses two therapists ? Ideally I'm looking further down the line where as it will be me and a fellow therapist , so I need a reception/nail/pedicure area in one then a separate room for massage/waxing , is it easy to add a partition and or have any of you attempted this thanks in advance X

This is mine. It's the 'Billy-oh- Village' it doubles as my Hat Hire Studio and nail room. I have two long bar heaters that keep the chill off and I 'blast it' with little fan heaters. Would like to paint it internally white as quite dark but it's a big job.
Had this three years now and love the peace and quiet so if no one in I can still be found making a coffee from the coffee machine and pottering.
This pic is from the Autumn. View attachment 195587

Stunning! x

Hi everyone I was just wondering wether any of you have the log cabin/shed set up that houses two therapists ? Ideally I'm looking further down the line where as it will be me and a fellow therapist , so I need a reception/nail/pedicure area in one then a separate room for massage/waxing , is it easy to add a partition and or have any of you attempted this thanks in advance X

If you mean a partition wall im unsure as wood shrinks and expands naturally depending on the weather, i suppose you could partition with curtains or room dividers? would need a large enough cabin obviously x

Any hairdressers ever had a set up like this?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467717899.571843.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1467717981.277363.jpg

This was when I first did it - I'll take some better pics this week and post them!

My washbasin I got from Gumtree and changed the brown panel to white!

I also have a nail does in her for gels and extensions but you can't see it in the pics!

It is 12ft by 10 ft

Xxx

Last edited:
So the basin and floor took half a day to install I was lucky I knew someone who could do both.

I live in a bungalow so piping to the wal was easier enough as the cabin is directly next to bathroom so gaining access was easy. I don't have a separate heater for my basin or anything, the hot water comes from the houses supply!

I was told the close you get it too the house the better from a piping perspective xxx

Edit - sorry my grammar and spelling is awful today, I had anaesthetic yesterday so let's blame that!!!! [emoji85][emoji85] probably shouldn't be txting haha

Hi loulabelle, looks great. Can I ask where you purchased your cabin from?

Hi loulabelle, looks great. Can I ask where you purchased your cabin from?

Hey !

It was a random one off place in Southend in Essex on the A127 ! It was a garden centre too, I can't find the name I'll carry on searching!

It worked out a lot cheaper buying from a local dealer than online and it included the delivery and assembly which most online ones didn't and were more expensive!!

Floor I got from B&Q super cheap the whole thing was around £70 and I'm obsessed with it I want it everywhere!!

XXXX

Looks really good. The floor looks good too...that's s fab price for floor...is it laminate? Do you mind me asking how much you paid for cabin and size?

Yep laminate ! The click board stuff, you had to buy a under layer thing as well which was like £10 and we used mastic glue as well just to be on the safe side what with water etc.

Sure! It was 12ft by 10ft and was around £1800 + VAT, I paid a little extra to get another side window and one that opens. The model I've got is called the Ashby and falls under summer houses .

I am looking for a cabin with one large main room for reception, nail tables are pedi area, I would then need a small room for a small loo and then a small to medium treatment room, I have searched high and low for this type of cabin, does anyone have one similar to my description or know of a company that makes multi room cabins? X

The Harveys link above which loulabelle1988 have looks good. They have a bespoke section so maybe you could contact them and see if they could add internal walls to your cabin to divide it up. You could always draw up a design and send it to them to see if they can do it. That would be so nice, your own custom made one, you can get the rooms the exact size you need then. Worth checking.

Hi guys sorry it's taken so long to pop these up!

The huge massive white thing is a air con unit, it works so well at cooling!

My nail desk spins out.

I took some pics of the pipes so you can see how it's been linked to the house.

I've still got a few finishing touches to do with putting shelves up and a towel hanger and some more picture!

I usually have the Perspex boxes with products on as well but because of the heat I moved everything inside :)

Hope this helps!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263267.231897.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263286.686352.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263318.154403.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263360.872923.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263384.868077.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263409.494733.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263469.226449.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263435.274128.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1469263435.274128.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 133