Looking for extremely thick builder gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for a very thick builder gel - NON self levelling (for mixing with pigment for 3d Nail art etc) ... needs not to move!

Anyone got any ideas .... I've seen the eurogel which claims to be such a gel but only found it on creativenailplace.com and didn't really want to pay so much ... just looking for something small and not so expensive.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky

NSI do a builder gel in their Light Fantastic range, but I don't know if it's any good for mixing etc. Perhaps other geeks know the answer to this question.

Akzentz do a builder gel that doesn't self level.

Star Nails GF21 gel is not self levelling and is quite thick. Not too sure about being mixed though - its normally priced at about £19 for a 30ml pot and you can get it online or at your local Sally's.

Akzentz builder, its very easy to work with but it doesnt level at all. Its soft, so easy to move around

Hi Cesars Secrets do a millenium gel which might do what you want.

Now I don't know how true this is cos I wasn't there to see it, and I may be remembering what I was told, incorrectly. But 'Lindag' here told me that while she was wandering around the show here in Dublin last October she saw someone from one of the nail companies add acetone to their gel which made it into a consistency that could be moulded into shapes before curing. I've been keen to try this but can't find my cheap and nasty gel at the moment to try it out - I'm certainly not using my expensive stuff to experiment!

Has anyone heard of this or seen it done, and know why on earth acetone would turn gel into some kind of nail tech 'Playdoh'? I'm sure I've spelt that wrong!

VickyB said:
Hi

I'm looking for a very thick builder gel - NON self levelling (for mixing with pigment for 3d Nail art etc) ... needs not to move!

Anyone got any ideas .... I've seen the eurogel which claims to be such a gel but only found it on creativenailplace.com and didn't really want to pay so much ... just looking for something small and not so expensive.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Vicky
Hi ezflow have just launched a builder gel, anthony will be at the show if you would like him to demo? please email me if you have any other questions.

absolutly fab! said:
Hi ezflow have just launched a builder gel, anthony will be at the show if you would like him to demo? please email me if you have any other questions.
just to add to what Caroline has said theres was a thread i posted abt gel it!... a while back.... put gel it! in the search box and im sure you'll find it

hth

Jess
xox

VickyB said:
Hi

Any ideas?

Thanks

Vicky

Tried to PM you, but your in box is full

Em.x

Crikey ... all these replies .... thanks girls !!

Now Jackie - this has really caught my eye. I could either do my normal thing and research (ie, search on the net for hours and hours and find NOTHING about mixing gel with acetone) or (a big OR) - just DO IT !!

I only have BEST gel - so it's not like I have any other to use I'm afraid - but I think I'll take the plung - only gotta try with a bit (got loads so if it goes wrong - it's not the end of the world).

I'll let you know what happens with it.

Thanks again

Vicky

Failing that I think the Akzentz builder is a sure choice (thanks Anna and Plaoh)

JackieMc said:
Now I don't know how true this is cos I wasn't there to see it, and I may be remembering what I was told, incorrectly. But 'Lindag' here told me that while she was wandering around the show here in Dublin last October she saw someone from one of the nail companies add acetone to their gel which made it into a consistency that could be moulded into shapes before curing. I've been keen to try this but can't find my cheap and nasty gel at the moment to try it out - I'm certainly not using my expensive stuff to experiment!

Has anyone heard of this or seen it done, and know why on earth acetone would turn gel into some kind of nail tech 'Playdoh'? I'm sure I've spelt that wrong!

Latest posts

Back