L'Oréal Colorista turned green?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicaav7

Reaction score
So I put the colouristas in my hair about 3 weeks ago, light blue on top and indigo on the ends. Was really happy with it, but I'm getting anxious to get my blonde back. I'm worried it's going to stain my hair as I've read about it happening to a few people. My hair is healthy, I have a full head of highlights (use 20 vol but recently went up to 30 vol to get it brighter). The box says it's wash out in 5 to 10 washes, but I used a cleansing shampoo which took pink dye out of my hair completely in two washes, and no luck now. My hair is currently green and some blonde is showing through. I used baby shampoo the last time I washed my hair as I read that that can help strip colour but it didn't make much difference, but I've only used it the once. Any advice on what I can do to speed up the fading process, or has anyone else used these wash out colours and could tell me their experience with them? My sister is a colourist and was talking to a L'Oréal representative last week who told her these colours are as bad as box dyes and I should stay away from them! I really don't want to strip my hair because it's super fine, and I don't want to risk damaging it. I usually get the olaplex treatmeant or smartbond when I get my lights done, so as I said my hair is quite healthy and I get it cut often. I'm going to wash my hair tonight, so any tips to help speed this up would be very much appreciated!

Anti dandruff shampoo 2x left to stand 10mins/wash, hot h20. These fashion colors will grab on lightened hair more so than virgin hair making them more like a stain. You can also try using lemon juice & baking soda mixed in a 1:1 ratio. lemon's citric acid can be drying on the hair so use a good conditioner or deep conditioner afterwards.

Sounds like it's already stained the hair as you've got green ends. Some of these fashion colours will fade out green but if you applied a harsh alkaline based detergent on it, on top of bleached hair, it's more likely to have stained it. You should only ever use a proper remover for these types of colour as chemically, they're completely different to normal hair colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back