L'Oreal fiberceutic treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolin

Reaction score
I am a little confused about this product, any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. I take a lot of advice from this site, and earlier I read about above product, seemed a great alternative to permanent blow. My hair just fries if straightened, is so fine, to scared to try brazilian. However after looking into it I am confused as to which is the sealer as different sellers say different things they selling the masque as sealer and I thought the masque was in between salon treatment?

I do lots of fiberceutic, both on clients and on myself. I would never put fiberceutic and the Brazilian blowdry into one category. Fiberceutic is a little pick-me-up and adds a bit of shine and body to the hair. For example, whenever I get back from a surfing trip, I'll reach for the fiberceutic instead of a mask.
The treatment consist of a serum (comes in small bottles) and a sealant for thin hair and one for thick hair, to be used with the designated hair type. The mask for in between treatments though is terrible, I tried it once but never again! All in all, I really like fiberceutic as an alternative to masks or the Kerastase shots.
My opinion on Brazilian blowdrys is that they should be banned, because the fumes are still toxic and the 'formaldehyde free' marketing spin has been outed as a lie.

Is it a filler? Pump up the volume type treatment?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I didn't put it in the same category another geek suggested it, that's why I was so interested as I would not dare do the permanent blow on my own hair. But need some tlc as is bleached and very fine. Straighteners are a defo no no. So Brazilian is out. A geek said could be a kinder option than a brazilian, I'm in the dark never used it hence asking for advice. I assumed wouldn't get same result but close to? Or do you think good old macadamia masque is as good? I use the macadamia treatment oil but after a day needs washing :( not great with longer hair. Was just looking around for a pick me up what do you use? We use joico and bed head products at work, resurrection is good but is bit fluffy for me as so fine. Have tried so many for personal use.

I didn't put it in the same category another geek suggested it, that's why I was so interested as I would not dare do the permanent blow on my own hair. But need some tlc as is bleached and very fine. Straighteners are a defo no no. So Brazilian is out. A geek said could be a kinder option than a brazilian, I'm in the dark never used it hence asking for advice. I assumed wouldn't get same result but close to? Or do you think good old macadamia masque is as good? I use the macadamia treatment oil but after a day needs washing :( not great with longer hair. Was just looking around for a pick me up what do you use? We use joico and bed head products at work, resurrection is good but is bit fluffy for me as so fine. Have tried so many for personal use.

If hair has been bleached beyond a certain point, nothing will get it back to looking good. The only thing that will help here are regular trims.
Fiberceutic is indeed a filler, and the results are that the hair feels 'bouncier' and invigorated, but I wouldn't expect too much from it. It's great, I love it, but it's not a solution to end all trouble.

The Brazilian blowdry was a ton of bs anyway, it was never meant for fine hair or the UK climate, it was for coarse wavy/curly hair as is often found in Brazil due to it being a melting pot of different ethnicities, and it also worked in the extremely humid and hot Brazilian weather. I use the past tense on purpose because as far as I'm concerned the BB has had its day.

Personally, I'm not a fan of oils either, I find the current 'oil craze' to be a marketing hype as oil is not going to heal or help with anything. If your hair is already fine, any type of oil is just going to weigh it down and make it greasy.

Try fiberceutic, maybe also try the bamboo treatment by Alfaparf, but ultimately constant bleaching will be at the root of the problems, and nothing can be done against that except changing color.

Thank you for advice have looked up Bamboo treatment reviews look good so will defo try.

Latest posts

Back