Losing clientele & my mind

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazor

Reaction score
Since I've changed towns, salons & had a baby I'm barely scraping by to pay rent. Then we had major flooding with Harvey storm which greatly affected businesses & families. I've applied at chain salons & still haven't got a call back. I'm scared. This is the only thing I've ever done & my husband needs my financial support. What to do??

Maybe you should look at a different career path?

Can you start up mobile? Maybe start doing beauty parties, where a group of friends get together for drinks and nibblies and you do waxing, tinting, spray tans, lash lifts, gel polish application, mini pedicures.

Have you spoken to the salon manager or just handed in a résumé?
Definitely ask to speak to the manager (go in looking groomed like you're ready to work) and ask if they can spare you a few minutes.
Also, I appreciate that you feel anxious about having had a break and needing to get work, but best to not show them that. Be confident and honest. So having a break is fine but keep your focus positive.
Tell them you love hairdressing and can't wait to get right back into it. Lots of smiles and good open body language.

Also, try every salon, not just the chain ones. You might have a friendlier response from a little local one.

With the serious storm and the flooding, you've all obviously been through a hell of a lot so it's understandable that things are super tough at the moment. Things will improve.

I wish you the best of luck. :)

Latest posts

Back