Lost the ability to paint with polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
As title says I have lost the ability to paint with normal polish [emoji30] done two polish pedis today and wAs not happy with either, I'm too used to shellac and being able to play around with it, is it just me?? X

Nope I'm the exact same! I'm never happy when I use normal polish now, far to use to using Shellac x

same here!!! My polish skills aren't what they used to be, I'm taking to long because the gel polish can be worked to perfection. But I also think it's because you are used to the gel polish finish, smooth and high shine, because of that normal nail polish will look less pretty..

same here!!! My polish skills aren't what they used to be, I'm taking to long because the gel polish can be worked to perfection. But I also think it's because you are used to the gel polish finish, smooth and high shine, because of that normal nail polish will look less pretty..

Yes, I think it is a combination - my skills have gone down and my expectations have gone up!

Glad it's not just me then! Yes maybe your right about the end result not looking as good because of being used to the look of shellac/gel finish, I swear I nearly die of a heart attack if people want fingers painted with polish and usually manage to up sell them shellac and breathe a huge sigh of relief! Lol toes I can just amount manage! X

I totally relate to this. I have got my CND Master painter on Sunday and I am worried about the Vinylux section. I have been practicing with the product and doing a French manicure too ( as I never get asked for them) but I have totally lost the knack with normal polish.

Quick question whilst on the subject what can you use as a base with vinylux? I know is meant to be used without but some of my older clients especially have quite uneven/ridged/ non smooth toe nails and I feel vinylux is too thin to cover these imperfections? X

You could use a coat of negligee or beau underneath they won't affect the final colour but may affect the drying time by a few mins max.

You could use a coat of negligee or beau underneath they won't affect the final colour but may affect the drying time by a few mins max.
Thank you I have tried that but it doesn't seem to give the cover I need x

Me too! It now seems alien to me to use actual nail varnish! [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back