lots of questions!- sorry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

ok firstly do i legally need parental permission if a cllient is under 16?and how would i go about it?
how old is your youngest client?

do you think its a bad idea retailing glue for quick fix home repairs till client can come back to you (i use backscratchers dipping system and they do an 'emergency stikr' which isnt that strong but will hold for a while.

where is the best place for appointment books, record cards, reciepts books, appointment cards etc?

do you advertise that you are fully insured? or do you think it will get people thinking they could sue you?

any one know of a good place for flyers and business cards? quality but low cost. and how many flyers/business cards did any mobiles get printed out at first?(and how big is your town/city etc)

thankyou!!!!!!!
xx

also gift certificates/vouchers?

and what is best to remove massage cream from the hands and arms?
xxx

First of all im in australia so i dont know if the info im giving you is going to help but here goes.
[/B]No1.Its up to you but if they are under 16 i would make sure that you have parental consent just to be on the save side.
No.2 I dont sell glue or any quick fix products to my clients i would rather they just come back to me with any problems.
No.3 I have all appointment books etc in a draw next to my table but i have my buisness/appointment card on display on shelf.
No.4 Over here you dont have to have anything on display but have cert/insurance papers on hand if someone asks to see them.
No.5 Sorry cant help with that one.
No.6 Yes have these and also put up a sign to advertise that you have them.
No.7 Sorry cant help.

HTH
kathy

thanx

i want to know the best place to BUY appointments books/gift vouchers etc
can any1 else please help?
x

Creative do lovely appointment books and cards ...

I make up my own mind about the client if under 16 ...

I wouldnt retail any "quick fix" ...

www.vistaprint.co.uk for free business cards .. just received mine and they are great ....

Hope this helps :)

Sorry cant help with that one either but why not try your product supplier that is where we get our salon stationary from.Also dont be sorry about asking questions as thats the only way you find things out.
Kathy

Hiya,

I wouldnt do anyone under the age of 16 even with parental permission!!

I dont know whether insurance companies would "pay out" if anything went wrong ie the child (because they are still children) were to be playing netball and had a nail ripped off.

I do know of an incident at the moment were a child under 16 went to a salon for her eyebrow waxing and because she has sensitive skin, it ripped most of her skin off and she had alot of swelling! she is now taking the salonm to court and allthough the salon got written permision it does not stand up in court as it is not a legal document.

Nailorder do a fab range of appointment books and gift vouchers!!

Amanda

as jo said vistaprint are brilliant for business cards i even had my prices printed on the back.you can do it all over the net
you are entitled to a free line in yellow pages and thomson local (p.s dont let them talk you into paying you dont have to unless you take out a larger ad.
if you ring them now you will be in march 2005 issue.
go to all the hairdressers in your town and ask to put business cards out offer a discount to the hairdresser.

I have a nagging feeling that I read somewhere that either you deffo need parental permission for under 16s, or that you can't do them at all. I'm not saying this is true just yet, just that I can remember reading it somewhere either in a nail mag or a text book so I will do my best to look it up and find out. I didn't think it was 'illegal' at first but I am sure I read it somewhere.
As far as a personal opinion on it goes... like Amanda said, most 16 year olds and all those younger should still be at school so will be having weekly or twice weekly PE sessions with games like netball and hockey which, trust me!, are bad enough for natural nails, I wouldn't like to chance them with extensions. Personally I WILL be offering a service to the 16 and 18 year olds at my old school for their end of year proms as I know they are a big deal, but most likely would only offer weekenders and would insist on a deposit at least for a removal session after the big day as I know other techs have had big problems with teenagers ruining their nails and bad mouthing their salons by not coming back to have their extensions removed, and just picking them off.
For insurance I would put my insurance company logo on my literature but not overly advertise the fact as I am very wary of the current 'I'll sue anyone' culture we seem to have going right now. JMHO, though.
Business cards, gift certs, brochures etc etc - if you have the time and the inclination then make your own. It is very easy these days to get lovely glossy papers, perforated sheets of business cards etc etc and that way you can ensure that all your literature matches, which I personally think seems more professional than an off-the-shelf design just with a sticker or rubber stamp of your company name added on. That said, if you don't have the time or access to what you need to do your own, then the girls have already named good suppliers for premade items.
Sorry for waffling! xx

Latest posts

Back