Love BB Cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyle257

Reaction score
The BB cream I’m going to be referring to in this post is this one. There are a lot of options out there by several different brands, so be sure to shop around to make sure you get what you want for the price you want to pay.
I wanted to try it for two reasons: 1. the hype 2. what it offers

bbcream.jpg

My first question was: what is the difference between BB cream and Primer? Or a Tinted Moisturizer?

BB(short for Beauty Balm) cream is applied to the face either before makeup, or worn alone. It acts like a primer but also includes a tint, sunscreen, and a moisturizer that maintains even skin tone throughout the day. It does the work of atleast 4-5 different products in one tube, but it’s still very lightweight.

I’ve used it two different ways, under my foundation and alone. When I wear it alone, is a lighter (as in less makeup) finish since the only coverage it offers is a slight tint. I set it with powder since I tend to get oily. This is probably going to be my casual summer day makeup routine.

When I wore it under foundation, it felt slightly heavy on my skin. I wasn’t surprised at that due to the fact that I wear a full-coverage foundation, but I did feel like it gave a nice smooth finish. It just wasn’t a “game-changer”, if you will. Or in other words, I don’t feel like I need to wear it in order to have great looking makeup.

So BB cream is different than just a primer, or just a tinted moisturizer. It does so much more! It’s great if you are looking to speed up your morning routine and enjoy light coverage makeup. It’s also great for travel, combining a handful of products in one tube!
Conversely, if you don’t use a handful of products on your skin daily, or you don’t use primer (or tinted moisturizer) before applying makeup, you may find that this product won’t be important in your morning routine.

As this thread is really directed at consumers, it has been moved to the Ask a pro forum...perhaps a blog site would be more suitable than a salon professionals one.

In the meantime though, perhaps the OP can explain why our systems have detected a location of Vietnam and not USA as stated in the Profile details?

Latest posts

Back