LVL vs perming lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOELEEN HD BROW

Reaction score
Hi, Iv been doing HD brows for 2 years now and Im going to book another course through the Nouveau Beauty Group. The thing is Im not too sure what course. Iv seen amazing results with the LVL but here's my question. I am currently at my local college studying beauty therapy level 2 and Iv noticed that one of the topics is eyelash perming. Correct me if Im wrong but is this not the same thing as the LVL or do you think offering the brand with it would be more beneficial. Im struggling as to which course to book (the Lets go or Nouveau lashes)....any advice will be greatfully appreciated. Many thanks x

Hi, Iv been doing HD brows for 2 years now and Im going to book another course through the Nouveau Beauty Group. The thing is Im not too sure what course. Iv seen amazing results with the LVL but here's my question. I am currently at my local college studying beauty therapy level 2 and Iv noticed that one of the topics is eyelash perming. Correct me if Im wrong but is this not the same thing as the LVL or do you think offering the brand with it would be more beneficial. Im struggling as to which course to book (the Lets go or Nouveau lashes)....any advice will be greatfully appreciated. Many thanks x

Lash perming uses rods and lvl uses shields so lifting from the root. I have really long lashes and mine look stupid when done with lvl, I prefer the rods.

Apart from that and a whole lot of marketing there is no difference, apart from a very expensive course!!

thats interesting ... ive had both (im a nail stylist not a beautician) i love the look of the lash lift vs the perm but that may well be because my lashes are not very long kx

Lash perming uses rods and lvl uses shields so lifting from the root. I have really long lashes and mine look stupid when done with lvl, I prefer the rods.

Apart from that and a whole lot of marketing there is no difference, apart from a very expensive course!!

thats interesting ... ive had both (im a nail stylist not a beautician) i love the look of the lash lift vs the perm but that may well be because my lashes are not very long kx

Yes on shorter lashes the lift is better, but if you are trained in perms it's just a case of using shields instead of rods, no other difference, and you can get them from any supplier now.

I'm afraid I did the training as like hd brows I was sold it as something so different from perming and again I stupidly fell for it. :rolleyes:

Yes on shorter lashes the lift is better, but if you are trained in perms it's just a case of using shields instead of rods, no other difference, and you can get them from any supplier now.

I'm afraid I did the training as like hd brows I was sold it as something so different from perming and again I stupidly fell for it. :rolleyes:

Do you regret paying for the branding??

I'm up in the air about this at the moment.

I'm trained in Lash perms so able to do Lash Lifts and have done with varying results, some amazing, some not so.

So I thought I would look into retraining because of my varying results but going with LVL as I'm guessing they're more well known than I Appeal or Salon Systems lash lifts.

The LVL solutions are VERY expensive when compared to buying perm lotion, neutraliser and nourishing lotion but obviously I have to buy them if I'm doing the LVL training.

Now I thought I'd do a little test to see what the going prices are in Liverpool for LVL and was shocked to see the lowest price was £25, £30 up to £45 and now it's made me wonder if it really is worth re-branding??

We have had so many emotive threads recently with people thinking that LVL is something more unique and that something different from perm lotions are being used.

Obviously if I do the course, I'll know the facts, although in my mind and along with other fellow therapists who have done both, they're one and the same, the difference is merely a brand name.

For the record I have done 5 I appeal Lash Lifts in in 8 weeks, so would be interested to know how this compares to LVL and the branding, however I am mobile so I don't get any footfall or passer by clients.

Do you regret paying for the branding??

I'm up in the air about this at the moment.

I'm trained in Lash perms so able to do Lash Lifts and have done with varying results, some amazing, some not so.

So I thought I would look into retraining because of my varying results but going with LVL as I'm guessing they're more well known than I Appeal or Salon Systems lash lifts.

The LVL solutions are VERY expensive when compared to buying perm lotion, neutraliser and nourishing lotion but obviously I have to buy them if I'm doing the LVL training.

Now I thought I'd do a little test to see what the going prices are in Liverpool for LVL and was shocked to see the lowest price was £25, £30 up to £45 and now it's made me wonder if it really is worth re-branding??

We have had so many emotive threads recently with people thinking that LVL is something more unique and that something different from perm lotions are being used.

Obviously if I do the course, I'll know the facts, although in my mind and along with other fellow therapists who have done both, they're one and the same, the difference is merely a brand name.

For the record I have done 5 I appeal Lash Lifts in in 8 weeks, so would be interested to know how this compares to LVL and the branding, however I am mobile so I don't get any footfall or passer by clients.

Yes I'm afraid I do regret doing lvl as I do doing hd brows, neither were anything unique, unfortunately I jumped in at the very beginning when they first came out and I was sold them as being something different. Yes they have very good marketing but nothing else, in my opinion. I know a lot of people will disagree but I did not learn anything new on either course.

I use AH Francis lash perm products and they are really good. But I believe I appeal is good also. If you are already trained in perming just try with the shields and see what you prefer.

To be honest none of my clients know what lvl is anyway so lash lift sounds better to them.

In my honest opinion I would not waste the money on the course :biggrin:

I know this is an old thread!

Just wondering if anybody's opinion has changed now? Or any other comments on lvl v another brand of lash lift?

Whether it's worth it?

I was on the point of booking my lvl course but tbh it's going to mean an overnight stay for me and 2 days off work plus mega expensive so wondering whether to do a more local lash lift course? xx

I did lash perming with beauty lv2 I use the lash shields from Sally's as I find them a lot easier to use and there washable x

I did lash perming with beauty lv2 I use the lash shields from Sally's as I find them a lot easier to use and there washable x
Thank you sallie! Which lotions do you prefer? I can't think of anything worse that something running into someone's eye [emoji33]- are some thicker than others ? X

I know this is an old thread!

Just wondering if anybody's opinion has changed now? Or any other comments on lvl v another brand of lash lift?

Whether it's worth it?

I was on the point of booking my lvl course but tbh it's going to mean an overnight stay for me and 2 days off work plus mega expensive so wondering whether to do a more local lash lift course? xx

Blossom I use Eyeluvlashes for my lash lift and i get great results that last. The Lash Lift sachets are great price and the glue is expensive but very good. The silicon shields are great and can be washed and sterilised. The smell of the product is very minimal.

I trained many years ago in Lash Perming with the rollers and was a very basic course. I only decided to start Lash Lift again last year but because I lost my Lash Perming certificate and really needed a little refresher anyway I did book the Lash Lift course with Gateway and the course was actually ok I learnt what I needed to. I find it quite a simple treatment to do.

Xx

Thank you cupcake :)

I looked up gateway courses but the only one anywhere near me is on this saturday coming and is full

Has anyone done a capital (marvelash) or sallys (salon services) course and do you still use those products or do you prefer something else now? Xx

Cupcake. I've just been looking at the training for lash lift through eyeluvlashes too (Gateway) with the price being so cheap than every where else I was unsure of booking.
Can i ask is the lash lift course through them ok? Thanks Gemma x

Cupcake. I've just been looking at the training for lash lift through eyeluvlashes too (Gateway) with the price being so cheap than every where else I was unsure of booking.
Can i ask is the lash lift course through them ok? Thanks Gemma x

Hi Gemma, the course was ok, I was worried when I booked as the emails confirming were very confusing! You do need to buy the patch test products from eyeluvlashes to patch test yourself for the Lash Lift and also the Tint before you go on the training course. The manual you get isn't the greatest but it's such a lovely simple treatment to do that i only looked at the manual once. The trainer I had was fantastic, really knowledgeable, she definitely knew her stuff. Hope this helps. X

You don't need to go with big brands, they don't offer anything more than you already know and have probably been doing for years. You just pay more for their products. We've been do Lash perming and our own version of HD Brows for years and the results are exactly the same but without the huge price for ourselves and our clients! If you aren't confident in your original training then they might be worth doing ?? xx

Has anyone done the salon services lash lift course? Are the products ok? I think I read on here somewhere that the shields don't come in small, so would I be able to buy those elsewhere? Thank you [emoji5]️

Hi Gemma, the course was ok, I was worried when I booked as the emails confirming were very confusing! You do need to buy the patch test products from eyeluvlashes to patch test yourself for the Lash Lift and also the Tint before you go on the training course. The manual you get isn't the greatest but it's such a lovely simple treatment to do that i only looked at the manual once. The trainer I had was fantastic, really knowledgeable, she definitely knew her stuff. Hope this helps. X
Thank you. I will have a look at the next available dates nearest to me xx

Latest posts

Back