MAC foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxmollyxX

Molly
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I was wondering if anyone has any reviews on the MAC pro longwear nourishing waterproof foundation.
It says that its good for a combination of dry, oily and normal skin.
I have oily skin all over and I'm really dry on my nose.

Would love to know what you all think about this particular product and also if you have any recommendation for a setting powder to go along with it.
Thankyou xXx

Hi I'm not a makeup artist but I use this personally. I would say my skin is combination with it being mostly normal bit oily on the t-zone. I really enjoy this foundation and have repurchased. I normally use studio fix but have been enjoying the more dewy finish and less coverage. I also found studio fix would break me out sometimes. I set it with the Mac mineralise or studio fix powder depending on how I'm feeling but I find it to last well.

On a different note a good primer for oily skin is the illamasqua matte veil. It's so good!

I have very recently tried this foundation and have fallen a little bit in love! I will definitely be buying a range of colours to add to my kit for weddings! I have quite dry cheeks that can be prone to flakiness in this cold weather but my nose and forehead can be like an oil slick.....this seems to sit very well and last well on all parts of my face! :D I set it with Bobbi Brown pressed powder, but only need a small amount of that! :)

Thankyou both!
I defiantly think ill purchase this, especially because my nose can be flaky at times and want a foundation to kind of hide it, not bring it out and make it more noticeable.
I think i will try the mineral setting powder.

One last question, do you use the same shade powder as the foundation or do you use a colour a shade darker/lighter? as this is a technique i know alot of people do

I have a pale yellow setting powder! It's pretty much like clear, there's also a bare minerals one that is pale pink! I tend to use a "clear" setting powder, :)

Latest posts

Back