Magazines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Do all of you hate looking in magazines at the makeover page and seeing "professional" hairdressers advise the readers to go get nice n easy or clairol etc... To achieve the looks the "everyday person" had?

Firstly they aren't an "everyday person" as they got chosen for a magazine makeover, 2nd they had a professional colour it, and 3rd the looks are rarely achieved as the photo is probably taken the second the stylist moved out of shot.

Do all of you hate looking in magazines at the makeover page and seeing "professional" hairdressers advise the readers to go get nice n easy or clairol etc... To achieve the looks the "everyday person" had?

Firstly they aren't an "everyday person" as they got chosen for a magazine makeover, 2nd they had a professional colour it, and 3rd the looks are rarely achieved as the photo is probably taken the second the stylist moved out of shot.

yup drives me mental!!

the ones that really get me though are the celebrity advertisements - "cheryl cole uses this dye" eh no dear shes getting paid a lot of money to say that.....
the best one imo is the gwen stephanie one - "gwen wears shade 10" yup over bleach. you aint never getting that colour in 10 minutes from a box honey :(

True though. It's like when the sides advertise if your "this" you will achieve "this" not a word about old tints will alter it or if it's bleached it will probably turn green etc... Then there's the do your roots, and then brush through for the last 10 mins, nothing like dampen the hair because the peroxide dosent need to be so high etc...

Xoxo

what drives me mental is celebrities like Liv Tyler saying she uses Pantene! Erm I doubt it babe, but have fun spending the £1 million they gave you to say that, maybe go spend it on some decent shampoo......

the best one imo is the gwen stephanie one - "gwen wears shade 10" yup over bleach. you aint never getting that colour in 10 minutes from a box honey :(

It does say in small writing along the bottom 'over her pre lightened hair' I have noticed....but I do understand how annoying these adverts are I think my favourite is the b4 colour remover that was constantly shown in the advert breaks during Great British Hairdresser!!

I still wonder if these professionals feel ashamed knowing they could possibly ruin some1s hair with their advice. I know I'd be terrified if I gave that advice. But at the same time schwartzcoph Is a pro range yet sells products that are a bugger for professionals to work with. Confusing xoxo

It does say in small writing along the bottom 'over her pre lightened hair' I have noticed....but I do understand how annoying these adverts are I think my favourite is the b4 colour remover that was constantly shown in the advert breaks during Great British Hairdresser!!

i did see that, what worries me is that if they box dye blonde are they going to try home bleach aswell?!?!
i also noticed the colour b4 ads, bit inapropriate for what show was on!!!!

Latest posts

Back