Magma Red FADING!!! Help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kisser

Reaction score
Hi there....
After some advise on what I can do with my Very faded Red hair.
I went to a Salon and asked for a Red so they got out the books of colour and we choose a purple Red from the Magma range. :lol: I was really happy with the outcome of the and new that it would fade due to it being so bright.
But my hair has now gone an orangy red within 12days and 5washes with colour shampoo/conditioner. Still every time I wash it colour is still coming out.:eek:
I'm starting to worry what colour it may go and am after some advise of what I can do with it as off on holiday in 3 weeks.
The salon were useless when I went back. Has anyone had the same problem with this range of colour?
Thanks all in advance. x

reds do tend to fade quicker in my opinion, but it shouldnt have that much fade as its a permanant colour ,
i would go back in and demand they sort it , you are pefectly within your right to , and if they are a decent salon they will happily do it for you , hth xxx

my hair always does this with red....so dont have it anymore. Looks really nice for about 3 days then as soon as i start washing it it just goes from bad to worse. It took ages for me to get the red in my hair in the first place.....then when it came out how i wanted it it only lasted about 2 weeks then just looked all wishy washy orange...yuck!!
I just put it down to my hair. i didnt suit it anyway..lol

Hi Kisser

Reds do fade quickly but I agree with Dee-if it's permanent it shouldn't fade that quickly. Are you sure they didn't use a semi-permanant?

On a sort of side note-what shampoo and conditioner are you using? Was it a professional one? Also what kind of shampoo/conditioner/products were you using on your hair before you had it coloured? What was your hair like before the treatment-have you coloured it often or had any chemical treatments?

Now, apart from my husbands and mother in law's, I haven't coloured hair for about 8 years. When I did I used Redken products and sometimes we had to do a PRE-Art treatment on customers if they had a lot of product build up. Did they do any sort of pre-treatment?

I can't believe they were no help when you went back, it might be worth going back again and asking to speak to a manager or someone in charge.

Let us know what happens.
x

Hi purple is one of the worst colours for fading ,
If it fades badly I usually top it up with a crazy color in the purple that matches,
I also supply the customer with a little bottle of it too especially if they are going on holiday as it fades like mad in the sun ,
you could ask your hairdresser do do this for you :hug:

the wella magma range is very well known for fading extremly quickly. even tho supposed to be permanent. i had the same shade as you ina flash on my hair, and it faded. once it had faded i put a purple or red toner on it and it clings better. either go back to the salon and ask for a colour such as 44/65 6% on it, or alternativly go and get a wella shader and toner from boots, in red or whichever colour and do as it instructs and you should get a new stronger colour

Hi guys!
Thanks for all your help. :Grope:
I have been and spoken to the owner of the salon and even thou she has told me that it does fade quicky did agree maybe not so much in 13days...
They are going to re-dye it for me (free of charge) but I have asked for a darker red this time just to be on the safe side with me going on my jolly holidays.
Hopefully even after fading it will still look pretty good.... fingers crossed. :wink2:

Cheers again! :p xxx

Latest posts

Back