Majirel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Need advice on 9.03.
I usually use Koleston but liked the look of 9.03. 50% white at front so used 1 tube 9.03 half 9 with 20 vol, The colour was ok but very transparent and very poor coverage on the white, any ideas ?

Last edited:
Base 9 doesnt cover grey, just deposits tone xxx

You need to use level 8 for proper grey coverage in majirel. 9 is too high to cover.

So if I want 2 achieve 9.03 on base 7 with 40% white at front using majirel how would I achieve this ? If koleston did 9,03 I would use 1 tube colour and half tube base ? But as I posted I did this with majirel and had poor coverage x

A base 9 in Loreal will cover white, although the 9.03 won't. You need to use just base so a 9.3 ( on white you're likely to get a 9.03 result anyway ) or a 9. It's not recommended to mix the 9.0 with the 9.3 either as they cancel each other out, use either or.

Just to add unless you were bit aware the .0's and .3's are both considered to be " base colours " so will cover 100% white up to a base 9. Technically the 9.03 contains no base so you would have to use half of a base for coverage. So either half 9.03 with half 9.3 or 9.0 or just the bases on their own. Does that make sense? :)

A base 9 in Loreal will cover white, although the 9.03 won't. You need to use just base so a 9.3 ( on white you're likely to get a 9.03 result anyway ) or a 9. It's not recommended to mix the 9.0 with the 9.3 eitgher as they cancel each other out, use either or.

Bit confused ad the first 2 replies said 9 doesn't cover white ! I did use half base with 9.03 ? Am I not getting it !? Maybe I should sick with Koleston !

Bit confused ad the first 2 replies said 9 doesn't cover white ! I did use half base with 9.03 ? Am I not getting it !? Maybe I should sick with Koleston !

It doesn't matter if you use base or not... Level 9 hair color will not cover white hair. It's a standard n mst color lines. There is nt enough color molecule in a level 9'color to create full coverage on white hair. Next time use a level 8 formula on the retouch, and 9 for refreshing the ends. Keep the client on a 4 week retouch schedule and it will all work out.

Level 9-or even level 10 in loreal INOA supreme will give you 100% coverage.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

You should use a golden basic with majirel to cover. Half 9.03 and half 9.3. Or half 9.03 half 9.0, if you don't want too much gold. Will appear slighter darker using a 9.0 though.

Level 9-or even level 10 in loreal INOA supreme will give you 100% coverage.

oh dear I'm in a muddle now ha ha ! Conflicting info ! Mthair and dylan say 9 won't cover and others say it should ! X

You should use a golden basic with majirel to cover. Half 9.03 and half 9.3. Or half 9.03 half 9.0, if you don't want too much gold. Will appear slighter darker using a 9.0 though.
I used 9.03 and half 9 and is was very poor coverage / transparent x

oh dear I'm in a muddle now ha ha ! Conflicting info ! Mthair and dylan say 9 won't cover and others say it should ! X

Inoa supreme is a product especially for white hair. 9.31 is by far my most popular colour for ladies of a certain age. You can order it through your loreal rep.
Failing that have you thought of bringing her down to an 8 but then highlighting through to brighten it up?

Inoa supreme is a product especially for white hair. 9.31 is by far my most popular colour for ladies of a certain age. You can order it through your loreal rep.
Failing that have you thought of bringing her down to an 8 but then highlighting through to brighten it up?

its actually my hair ! I could I suppose come down 2 an 8, definitely don't want to start putting foils in, I would for a client but to much faffing around 4 me !

Yep that's exactly the same as I was saying but my reply was a bit waffled! :) 9 will cover white. Call the technical helpline they are really helpful

Coloring with an 8 on white hair is for the proper coverage... It will quickly take on the appearance of a 9 as white hair fades much quicker. Apply a 9 (in any color line) and you may get coverage for a few days and up to a week, before its translucent and almost white again.

Don't mix the .0 eg 9.0 with anything other than the .0 series. Not designed for it so no 9.03 and 9.0

Sent from my GT-N7105T using SalonGeek

Ps make it resistant mix. I normally use 40g for my tints so instead of 60g dev I would use 50ml our If really coarse resistant is go 45ml

Don't mix the .0 eg 9.0 with anything other than the .0 series. Not designed for it so no 9.03 and 9.0

So on he majirel chart ( I normally use Koleston so only have this chart ) and I want to achieve 9.03 on level 7 hair with 50% white at front what would your advice be ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back