Major Bluesky Shellac rant, alert!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GorgeousAli

Reaction score
Hi all,

Cup of tea in hand, I can now unleash the sheer audacity of some people! I must warm you I might curse as the story unfolds of what I saw the other day, at the salon my mother in law uses for her weekly wash and set.

I will not 'out' the place, nor the person that this story contains but I seriously wish there was more that could be done with these God damned knock off products that are being widely sold across, and into the Uk!

My MIL (mother in law) has being going to this salon once a week for ages to have her hair washed and set, and at this salon the owner, is an acrylic lady (she doesn't do anything else). MIL will also have her nails cut and filed there once a month too.

Anyway, I took in MIL as per normal and we sat down to wait for the hairdresser to call her up (she's in her 80's, MIL that is) and I glance to my left, towards the nail desk and there it is BANG! BLUESKY SHELLAC on the display shelf!

WTF!!!!! :eek:

Why? Why? Why?

I couldn't believe it! As a professionally trained Shellac-er I felt like swiping the lot into my handbag and chucking them down the nearest drain!

Surely the half day course isn't much to ask for from a nail 'professional'? And genuine products used? Obviously is!
Second to that if she uses it and its crap, Shellac will get all the flack! Its hard enough developing and growing a business without fraudsters like this poo-poo ing it before it gets off the ground!

Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, the nail lady tried to remove my Shellac job with nail polish remover and when she realised it wouldn't budge, she literally filled it off with an electric drill!!!!!!!! Arghhhh!!!!! :evil:
Needless to say my MIL has never wanted to have Shellac on since! Fantastic eh?

Surely this product is unlicensed and therefore should not be used in professional salons etc?!!!
Will her insurance cover her if something goes wrong?! Probably not! :grr:

And breathe........rant over. Comments welcome!!

Thing is what ive found is they can use the bluesky say its shellac and then charge next to nothing for it making prices like i charge look ridiculous. I must admit i think i would have blown and asked wot the hell she was doing and as soon as the drill can out dragged the ml out of the chair and threatened to report her!

Hi all,

Cup of tea in hand, I can now unleash the sheer audacity of some people! I must warm you I might curse as the story unfolds of what I saw the other day, at the salon my mother in law uses for her weekly wash and set.

I will not 'out' the place, nor the person that this story contains but I seriously wish there was more that could be done with these God damned knock off products that are being widely sold across, and into the Uk!

My MIL (mother in law) has being going to this salon once a week for ages to have her hair washed and set, and at this salon the owner, is an acrylic lady (she doesn't do anything else). MIL will also have her nails cut and filed there once a month too.

Anyway, I took in MIL as per normal and we sat down to wait for the hairdresser to call her up (she's in her 80's, MIL that is) and I glance to my left, towards the nail desk and there it is BANG! BLUESKY SHELLAC on the display shelf!

WTF!!!!! :eek:

Why? Why? Why?

I couldn't believe it! As a professionally trained Shellac-er I felt like swiping the lot into my handbag and chucking them down the nearest drain!

Surely the half day course isn't much to ask for from a nail 'professional'? And genuine products used? Obviously is!
Second to that if she uses it and its crap, Shellac will get all the flack! Its hard enough developing and growing a business without fraudsters like this poo-poo ing it before it gets off the ground!

Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, the nail lady tried to remove my Shellac job with nail polish remover and when she realised it wouldn't budge, she literally filled it off with an electric drill!!!!!!!! Arghhhh!!!!! :evil:
Needless to say my MIL has never wanted to have Shellac on since! Fantastic eh?

Surely this product is unlicensed and therefore should not be used in professional salons etc?!!!
Will her insurance cover her if something goes wrong?! Probably not! :grr:

And breathe........rant over. Comments welcome!!

If she cannot be bothered to use correct products, is she going to care about insurance? Probably not. There are always going to be knock off products, smile and carry on, knowing that your customers are getting THE VERY BEST x

See it all the time, in salons in my area.

You get to a point where you feel having a rant & a rave is all you can do.

This is something that should be looked into by the nail industry.

People like us spend so much money & time.

These salons need to be investigated thoroughly.

I turned down a job in a salon because they were using bluesky shellac, but, were selling it as CND shellac and charging a premium price for fake knock off products. When I questioned this u was told to make sure the bottles were turned round to hide the bluesky.

They also wanted me to do intimate waxing knowing I have had no training and also did not carry out patch tests for tinting and instead got the clients to fill in a disclaimer, which as just about everyone and their dog knows is not worth the paper it is written on.

To top it all off the salon has won beauty salon of the year from the area it is in, I mean what checks are the organisers of such awards doing to check the salons entering are using legitimate Products. Rant over.

Sorry for my ignorance what is blue sky shellac?

I've seen in salons they advertise shellac but the bottle isn't CND shellac it's a black bottle.

I think why get so worked up over it? Save your blood pressure! :lol:

Let 'em crack on with their cheapo fake products and be happy in the knowledge that you are doing right by your clients and giving them a genuine, professional Shellac service.

Clients are becoming more and more aware of which brands and products are worth their money. You don't want the clients that don't care about this sort of thing, the ones that are only after a bargain are the ones that cause you problems. I might not be as busy as the cheapos and fakes in my area but I probably make the same money working less hours with better products. Suits me.

I so wish there was somewhere we could report things like this to! They should not be allowed to offer treatments using knock off gear! If the bakers down the street wasn't using proper flour I'm sure they would be reported by someone but in this industry there's no one to go to!
I agree it seriously needs looking into! Of course us professionals who do use the correct products and give a great service should keep our heads held high hut sometimes it's hard too! Xxz

It is annoying yes, just educate all your clients and friends/family to what they should be looking for and they will pass it on to their friends etc... I had a tech living near me doing it but she was advertising it at bluesky shellac and for £15 too!! I honestly think she didn't realise it wasn't the real deal as she didn't try to hide the fact it was knock off shellac.

Rise above it and pride yourself on being a great tech who has training and quality products.

xx

How frustrating! I haven't seen any fake Shellac where I am but I am sure there's some :(

Might be worth phoning trading standards. I phoned about a previous employer (non beauty) and was able to remain anonymous. He was later bankrupted, but I am not sure what led to it as I asked for no contact after I gave my info.

Sarah Xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

In your window you should put CND Shellac (Not fake BLUESKY (shellac) ) :lol:

I must admit I do use Bluesky but only on myself (at home) and then have actually real CND shellac in the salon to use on clients as I would never dare dream of advertising one thing and issuing another! That's false advertisement and been disloyal to clients! Because I change the colour of my nails all the time I don't want to be using up the colours thy are used on clients so that's my reason for buying bluesky. But I totally disagree with it been used in salons. It's a cheap product that in no way is even on par with CND!

Hope I don't get any haters for outing I use it on my nails :(

I must admit I do use Bluesky but only on myself (at home) and then have actually real CND shellac in the salon to use on clients as I would never dare dream of advertising one thing and issuing another! That's false advertisement and been disloyal to clients! Because I change the colour of my nails all the time I don't want to be using up the colours thy are used on clients so that's my reason for buying bluesky. But I totally disagree with it been used in salons. It's a cheap product that in no way is even on par with CND!

Just out of curiosity, what is it like? Is there any difference in removal, shine, application, etc?

Just out of curiosity, what is it like? Is there any difference in removal, shine, application, etc?

Removal in fact is the same as CND takes no longer and is around 10mins sometimes shorter by few minutes. It has the same shine as CND and it keeps the shine as well. Application is also the same and takes the same time to be cured so again it's no longer. There are a lot more colours I must admit than the CND shellac colours. And the ones that they have that CND have are exact same colour match you can't even tell the difference. I will post a picture and see if you can guess which Hand is CND and which is BLUESKY

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1351774369.980131.jpg

Which hand is CND and which hand is BLUESKY

I would say the hand without the rings, looks nicer, the nails look better???

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

Here you say Bluesky is in no way on a par with the real Shellac and now you go on to say it is the same in every respect! Which is it? Be careful because we have used Bluesky and tried it out extensively and we found many many differences because of course it is not the same thing at all.

Removal in fact is the same as CND takes no longer and is around 10mins sometimes shorter by few minutes. It has the same shine as CND and it keeps the shine as well. Application is also the same and takes the same time to be cured so again it's no longer. There are a lot more colours I must admit than the CND shellac colours. And the ones that they have that CND have are exact same colour match you can't even tell the difference. I will post a picture and see if you can guess which Hand is CND and which is BLUESKY

I am just curious as to what you say if you are wearing a colour that CND don't do? Do you tell the client/potential client it is knock off shellac you use on yourself? I am not having a go just wondered what you do? x

I don't know anything about this Bluesky shellac!
Why is it fake? Is it in a CND bottle but not actually a colour they produce???

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek

Here you say Bluesky is in no way on a par with the real Shellac and now you go on to say it is the same in every respect! Which is it? Be careful because we have used Bluesky and tried it out extensively and we found many many differences because of course it is not the same thing at all.

Yeah I here it inset the same in respect that CND have the name behind the product and have outstanding reputation and reliever well with all their products. I must say that BLUESKY may not always last a long as the typical shellac will but that can vary from the nail to what you are doing. I would never dream of using it on a client only myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back