Major hair advice required. Recommendation for colour & salon Glasgow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna410

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in need of a lot of advice! I hope you guys can help me.

So I just had a baby 6 months ago and when I fell pregnant with her, my hair fell OUT I didn't get the luscious locks as usually promised with pregnancy and then after I had her it fell out again! So I have really thin hair.

My dilemma is this, I had been bleaching my hair at a reputable salon for the past 2 years ash blonde, my friend bought me a salon voucher for another salon after I had the baby and they put bleach all over my hair not just the root and I sat there gritting my teeth as they dried my hair and I watched my hair snap before my eyes, this was 4 months ago, due to the condition of hair I can no longer bleach it, but I need to be blonde so was thinking of high lift tint. My previous salon strand tested me with Wella 12 but said it came out quite orangey and there was nothing else they could use on my hair.

Sorry for the long post but my questions are:

Can anyone recommend another brand that can lift My hair? The salon said my hair is dark blonde on the colour chart but throws up red.

I now no longer have a salon to go to, and with so many out there I'm scared to just test a random one,

Can anyone recommend a salon in Glasgow that's not overly expensive, I've tried Blow salon they are great at colour I just can't afford them especially on maternity leave.

Or am I doomed with my hair Please help!

Xx

Hormone changes during pregnancy can affect the hair considerably and for some time afterwards so your hair is still in recovery mode.

Bleach on just your roots should be fine, as they're not damaged and bleach with a low volume developer is a thousand times (slight exaggeration) better than using a highlift tint on compromised hair which requires mixing with a high strength peroxide.

You could consider the root stretch look where your roots are coloured near natural and blended down a few inches with a few lighter balayage pieces. That way, you can leave your hair a good 6 months between colour appointments.

Google balayage brown to blonde images.

Whatever you do, save up and go to the best that you can afford. You've already discovered what happens when you go to a cheap deals type place. If it's only once every 6 months, it will be totally worth it!

Hormone changes during pregnancy can affect the hair considerably and for some time afterwards so your hair is still in recovery mode.

Bleach on just your roots should be fine, as they're not damaged and bleach with a low volume developer is a thousand times (slight exaggeration) better than using a highlift tint on compromised hair which requires mixing with a high strength peroxide.

You could consider the root stretch look where your roots are coloured near natural and blended down a few inches with a few lighter balayage pieces. That way, you can leave your hair a good 6 months between colour appointments.

Google balayage brown to blonde images.

Whatever you do, save up and go to the best that you can afford. You've already discovered what happens when you go to a cheap deals type place. If it's only once every 6 months, it will be totally worth it!
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it! Also really interesting about the bleach, that gives me hope The salon that my friend got me the voucher though was by no means cheap it cost about £100, to me that's expensive

I called my old salon and they have a new person who is experienced in balayage so I'm booked in for a consultation with them this Friday ☺️

Honestly I feel like going to the hairdressers is like going to the dentist! I've been unfortunate in having some bad experiences that I'm actually scared to try another salon without recommendation and from a blonde too! It's hard work being blonde! Unfortunately I just don't suit dark colours xx

Latest posts

Back