Make-up counter jobs? Estee Lauder, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsyj

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if anyone works/has worked for any of the Estee Lauder group companies on their make-up counters? I'm looking for something very part time (1 or 2 days a week ideally) and they seem to have some vacancies near me that would suit brilliantly. Anyone know about the recruitment process or how hard it is to get a job with them? I've worked in retail before and I have a make-up qualification...

Hi, just wondered if anyone works/has worked for any of the Estee Lauder group companies on their make-up counters? I'm looking for something very part time (1 or 2 days a week ideally) and they seem to have some vacancies near me that would suit brilliantly. Anyone know about the recruitment process or how hard it is to get a job with them? I've worked in retail before and I have a make-up qualification...
Ask at the counters they should put you in touch with the area manager. Ask for the business or account manager and speak to them. Make sure you look good, smart clothes, make up etc and be chatty and friendly. The company I used to work for gave me a bonus if I found a recruit, but I don't know if Estee Lauder do that. The area manager will probably send you an application form and arrange an interview. I don't know how difficult it is nowadays to get a position on the counters I worked them years ago, but I loved it and had some great times xx Good luck xx:hug:

Eeek well I rang up about a vacancy on the Estee Lauder website and I got through the telephone interview, so they'll be setting up a face to face interview yay!!!!

Wish me luck... And any info anyone has about the face to face interview process would be BRILL. thanks :green:

Ooh, I was looking at the Estee Lauder website. What did the phone interview involve? Im not very good on the phone so havent called yet as Im a bit worried! x

It was very busy, I had to wait ages for the recruiter to answer as they obviously get tons of people calling in. It didn't take very long, she said that the process involved a telephone interview and asked if I wanted to take some time to do some research, but I said I was already aware that there was an interview involved and would like to go ahead.

Basically she asked me to tell her about myself, so I told her about my retail experience (I worked in John Lewis for quite a while when I was a student) - she asked how long I worked in John Lewis for. Then she asked what I knew about the brand, so I told her that I use a lot of their products and have done for years and mentioned a few that I like, then she asked what my favourite product was and then that was pretty much it. It didn't last long at all. She said I had been successful at the telephone interview stage and that the counter manager would call me to arrange a face to face interview.

:D

Latest posts

Back