Make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBB79

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a beauty therapist and did makeup with my collage course 17 years ago but haven't really touched on it since.

I'm looking to add to my skills this year and feel that makeup would be the best route to go down. I LOVE everything about makeup but have always shied away from it as I've always believed it to be a really personal thing.

So I kinda just wanted to bounce some ideas around with you all, what courses are good, which are not, do I need to stick to a brand, if so what is recommended. Can you mix and match, that kind of thing.

I was thinking about doing and airbase course first and foremost. Is that a good start??

Thanks in advance xx

Level 3 makeup is an option. What type of makeup do you want to go into? This is an important thing to consider because different courses hold a different emphasis and weighting in terms of fashion, bridal, media, hair, sfx.

I am following this post because I am in the same situation, can’t find a course that isn’t too expensive or any use don’t want to pay for one and not feel like I’ve learnt enough if you know what I mean? I am based in Leicestershire

Hey guys I offer makeup in my salon and I have to say that the better courses are usually the ones that aren’t accredited as they usually have more flexibility in what you learn. I taught a level two makeup artistry course and it was so basic what I was allowed to teach and also the standards are madness like they weren’t allowed to use certain brushes for certain things so in the real world it was madness. I don’t know where you’re located but if you look up plouise academy that’s the kind of courses I would recommend so maybe check your area for a similar style college. In Ireland we have paddy mcgurgan, vanity x makeup academy places like that!!

Latest posts

Back