Makeup lessons for a guy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stebee

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm looking for a little help/advice, I'm a straight male looking for makeup lessons which prob sounds strange but I've always had a fascination with makeup and what it can do to a face, now I've dabbled in the past with a few bits and bobs on my own face but it's never turned out to well so now I've realised I definitely need some kind of help, so I'm looking for some kind of lessons but I've no idea where to go or even if there's someone who would help me out out there, I'm in Manchester uk, I've looked around online but everything seems to be aimed a women which obviously is how most things to do with beauty are going to be but there must be someone out there that can help, apologies if that was a little long and boring but if you don't ask then you're not going to get are you, so there it is, thanks for your time and if anyone can help that would be fantastic

Last edited:
Have you tried youtube? There's loads of guys on there who do their own makeup to varying degrees/styles, so depending on what you were looking to learn, that would be my first port of call.

Try looking up Manny MUA or Patrick Starr and go from there!

Hope that helps
x

You might be surprised to know that your request isn't that unusual :) When I worked in a department store for a make up/skincare brand we had a couple of male regulars who would come in to buy products and have a quick make over.

There will be salons out there who are men friendly and who will happily offer make up lessons for you, finding them might be a little tricky and you may just have to contact a few to ask.

Thanks, I have tried YouTube and it's been great Wayne goss was the first male Mua I found, and he seems absolutely brilliant at what he does as do most of the other youtubers who do make up tutorials but I try following and as I'm sure most newbies find it's so much harder than it looks, I never expected to just be able to pick things up and be perfect at applying it. But I was hoping I'd be a little better, just hoping to find someone that can show me on a one to one basis, I'll keep looking and just see what happens, thanks so much for the replys.

Last edited:
Do you want to do natural makeup specifically for men or full glam traditionally feminine style makeup?

It was feminine style glamorous at first and now the more I see natural looking makeup I do quite like that to but I'd assume if you can do the more glam styles then being able to do a more natural look wouldn't be that difficult, although like I said I'm a complete novice so I'm probably wrong, but yes I love the full on glamourous feminine style and that's what I'd like to be able to achieve.

Last edited:
Look up local make up artists a lot do one to one make up lessons but look up one that allows you to choose the looks that way the make up artist can show you how to achieve the look or looks that you want. Just phone up or email a couple in your local area to ask xx

@nickysnails200 thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I've done and found a male MUA who teaches and I'm booked in for tues so I will see what happens, fingers crossed he's able to teach me what I want to know, guess I'll just wait and see, thanks again

@nickysnails200 thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I've done and found a male MUA who teaches and I'm booked in for tues so I will see what happens, fingers crossed he's able to teach me what I want to know, guess I'll just wait and see, thanks again
Good luck and let us know how it goes xx

Good luck and let us know how it goes xx

Thankyou
So yes I've been and yes it was fantastic, so he did one half of my face in stages and he then talked me through me doing the other half, my side wasn't perfect but I kinda surprised myself the only real problem I had was eyeliner wtf is that about lol, so yes it was a really good experience and I'm going to stick with it and practice practice practice, the only downside of it is I've now realised how much money makeup and brushes cost and the sheer amount of products and also time that can go into one look

Latest posts

Back