Making an asymmetrical bob look tidy!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
Im currently working in a salon on weekends and in college during the week and having trouble keeping my hair looking professional!

Trying to grow out an asymmetrical bob so i've been pinning the shorter side back and having the longer side loose and wavy.
Im trying not to use heat on the short side as its SO damaged it snaps off(im pampering it with deep conditioners and getting it trimmed regularly dont worry!)

But any other styling ideas? Getting bored of the same style every day and I need to keep it looking neat when im with clients...any help appreciated! :( xxx

Tbh when I had one I just had the other side cut to match the shorter side then grew it out at an even level

I was thinking of this but I need the length as my hair is just so curly and doesn't suit being short, i'd have to straighten it and im trying to stay away from the straighteners!! And the shorter side is pretty short, just above chin length, thanks for the idea though :) xx

Sorry I know it was a rubbish idea but it's all I could think to do with mine. I know what you mean about straightners though mines the same I have its short but I have to straighten every day. My hair doesn't seem damaged though, must be made of tough stuff xx

Your lucky! Although to be fair I have battered it...been every colour under the sun and had alot of highlights, not to mention how I used to straighten it every day! Ahwell lesson learned! Thanks for your idea :) xx

Your lucky! Although to be fair I have battered it...been every colour under the sun and had alot of highlights, not to mention how I used to straighten it every day! Ahwell lesson learned! Thanks for your idea :) xx[/QUOTE
Try just wearing it curly use something to enhance the curls hun or roughly pin it all with grips :) x

I like that idea...might try that tomorrow, thanks! :) xxx

I have an asymmetrical bob and mine too is growing out, I want mine cut back in though.. but for now I either back comb it at the roots, smooth it over so it doesn't look like a birds nest lol, then rough up the top a little and spray it with hairspray, tucking the shorter side behind my ear and leaving the longer side infront..
Either that or I French plait the shorter side vertically or do a few small cane row type plaits on the shorter side and ruffle up/curl the longer side..
Hth, i know how annoying this cut can get when it's in it's "growing out" stage!! X

Hi sorry to jump in I'd like to ask you all for your thoughts if you don't mind please...

I'm booked in with my local salon to get an asymmetric bob this week. As you all have this cut I'd like to ask if you think it would suit me?

I have (very) chemically processed hair (bleach and tone) which is quite long so needs good cut. When it dries naturally it has a soft wave but can blowdry quite straight. It's baby fine with not much of it.

I have a toddler so styling time is not a priority but my friends say this style this is very much a 'wash n go' style, are they pulling my leg?

Again sorry to hijack your post a bit but I'd respect your opinions as you all have/had this cut.

Many thanks :)

Lindsey x

Hi sorry to jump in I'd like to ask you all for your thoughts if you don't mind please...

I'm booked in with my local salon to get an asymmetric bob this week. As you all have this cut I'd like to ask if you think it would suit me?

I have (very) chemically processed hair (bleach and tone) which is quite long so needs good cut. When it dries naturally it has a soft wave but can blowdry quite straight. It's baby fine with not much of it.

I have a toddler so styling time is not a priority but my friends say this style this is very much a 'wash n go' style, are they pulling my leg?

Again sorry to hijack your post a bit but I'd respect your opinions as you all have/had this cut.

Many thanks :)

Lindsey x

There's not really such a thing as a universal wash ad go style unless you go really really short,
It all depends on the way your hair lies, the texture and the way you want it. I'd wash ur hair, let it dry as it would, only combing in any parting or fringe you want, then go to a salon, explain what has been done and that you want a style that takes minimal upkeep, that way the stylist gets to see ur hair how it naturally would lie and where the hair wants to fall.

Xoxo

I wouldnt say its an easy style to keep up...but then again my hair is literally huge so it needs straightening, but I think going by the description of your hair it could work well for you :)

The growing out stage is a right pain so think carefully before you have the chop! xxx

Thanks very much for your opinions :) I kind of thought that about the wash and go, if my hair dries itself its quite flat until the waves start at my ears so think I'll go for it.

Been planning it for quite some time!

Thanks again guys :)

xxx

Latest posts

Back