Manicures, pedicures & facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anneself

Reaction score
Hi
I am hoping that you wonderful people would be able to help with a dilemma! I have a CIBTAC Beautician qualification. At the moment I am working as a teaching assistant full-time but would like to add to my income by using my skills evenings and weekends to begin with then gradually reduce my hours as a ta and increase my hours working for myself. I can do manicures, pedicures, facials and waxing (which i hate doing!).

I wondered if any of you felt that you can make a living doing manicures, pedicures and facials, or whether I should train to do nails and tanning. I am due to start an ITEC a&P and holistic massage course in May 2010 with Middlesex school of complementary therapy. :confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I keep putting off making a decision.

I would think the more you can do the better but as you can do mani/pedi I would add tanning only for now and see if there is the demand in your client base for nail enhancements. Only one of my clients has nail enhancements (not with me as I don't do them).:hug: Waxing is also one of my most popular treatments so I would try to practice.

Latest posts

Back