Marketing for off-peak time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly Bamboo

Reaction score
I am based in a gym and majority of my clients work.

How would I go about promoting off peak times?

A few salons in neighbouring areas give a 10% discount for off-peak periods.

I normally do not discount treatments, I add complimentary treatments instead.

Any thoughts on this scheme?

A friend of mine is based in a gym and she goes into the changing area during quiet times to promote her treatments. At least you'll know those people are available at those times.

Hi! Im not sure on the layout of your salon and the gym but Im guessing that the gym has its own reception? How about having some vouchers made up suitable for the kind of offers you have, and ask the receptionists to hand them out to all 'gym goers' between off peak times? That way you know your not wasting money on having vouchers printed out that are going to the wrong people-your targeting the exact market your after?
Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!xxx

I would try a special offer that is valid whatever times you are wanting to get the work/thru the day, and aim it at the types of people you think will be using the gym in that time period, e.g. housewives, mums, retired, etc. So why not have an offer like.. coffee & manicure mornings where the ladies can have a coffee and have their nails done - probably what they'd do anyway, but it would appeal to them coz coffee mornings are a regular thing, hopefully encouraging the ladies to come back on a regular basis...

I agree with Laura. If I were you I'd try and think about the type of people who are likely to be free during the daytime e.g. mums with young children, the retired or people who work night shifts like bar staff and nurses and think about where else they would be during the day e.g. supermarkets, nurseries, coffee shops and advertise in these places. Even better, try and develop a few allegiances with other local businesses where these people are likely to go and give them 10% off vouchers to give out to customers they know who would fit your criteria. In return, recommend their services to your regulars. I'm the marketing manager for Studio Tracker. I've included loads more marketing advice on our blog so have a look! Hope that helps

Great advice. Thanks. I'll start looking into some local businesses as the gym is also very quite during off peak times.

Latest posts

Back