Marketing practices online

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm assisting a relative in her salon and spa business. The website is up. I presume that it needs attention. We found out about a new technique in business. Its like doing a business transactions to another. I just thought that we need to learn about marketing online to attract more potential customers in terms of our website. Please let us know on how to start and improve our sales in terms of this new marketing practices.

I will truly appreciate your information about it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean? What's the website? Happy to give pointers.

Are you talking about automation, like marketo or pardot? If you are, it would take a lot to set up and possibly migrating data, building rules etc., which is probably quite involved for a salon. You'd be better looking at the tips that are pinned here on this board than investing in a substantial online strategy alone.

There are ways to boost your website so that more people could see it. I think you have to hire someone to do it. I'm not really sure how it goes. Good luck!

There are ways to boost your website so that more people could see it. I think you have to hire someone to do it. I'm not really sure how it goes. Good luck!
Yep you can. It's called SEO and to do right is very expensive and a long term plan. Sadly, knowing this industry the way I do, it's not often I recommend it nor is it normally in budget.

Thanks for the replies. I am actually referring to internet marketing to reach potential clients. I am thinking about maximizing the use of social medial because everyone is within reach with this kind of strategy.

Thanks for the replies. I am actually referring to internet marketing to reach potential clients. I am thinking about maximizing the use of social medial because everyone is within reach with this kind of strategy.
Absolutely but generally speaking it's the lower paying clients through social media.

Okay, Here is some online Marketing tips you can do, Keeping in mind you are having a brand new website. Why not learn it from the Gurus.....

1) Hubspot blogs https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing
2) Neil Patel Blog http://neilpatel.com/blog/
3) MOZ https://moz.com/blog

These blogs can give you good enough idea as to how many ways you can promote your website and business. I will point this down, you have to be working as a passionate professional to boost the business. You have to invest your extra time in all these stuff apart from the time you give in the salon.

If you're wanting to use social media then keep in mind it's social. Pick one and do it well. Facebook would be my pick. Use it to build relationships with people. Provide value and not a pitch. You can achieve a lot without spending a cent.

Latest posts

Back